Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 END MODS
    Insulation
    Lynx /FlightJacket
    Suspension
    nylon straps

~ Panama Missions Trip - Daughter needs a Hammock ~

Hello all.
    Looking for a quick solution to my YWAM daughter's hammock search.
    She has been told that when she arrives in Panama, next week, she will need a HAMMOCK, as her main sleeping quarters.
    This leaves Dad with just a couple days to find something, perhaps on Amazon, and have them 2-day mail it to her, on the west coast.
    Can anyone recommend a sturdy hammock from the generic vendors on there, with possibly a Bug Net? I'm told the mosquito borne diseases are very real, there.
    Looking for a 50 dollar solution, but will probably end up spending another hundred, as she IS my little girl....
    Scratching my head on this one.
    Please advise.
    Again, I need to find something quickly, before she just buys the first 19 dollar, store hammock, that she sees.
    What do other folks do, when they need a setup FASSSSSST ?
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Ted in NJ

Hammock
    11' Dutchware Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG TQ/UQ 10*
    Suspension
    Dutchware Whoopies
    Dutch...ships quick and is a great price. $42 for the hammock and $50+ for separate bug net. Plus cinch buckles or whoopies. Call him and he might be able to overnight it for a little extra

Wish I could suggest something else on Amazon but it will take longer to get to her or cost an arm and a leg for overnight shipping.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 END MODS
    Insulation
    Lynx /FlightJacket
    Suspension
    nylon straps
    I notice the "Hammock Bliss No-See-Um No More - Ultimate Bug Free Hammock" has YKK zippers.
    I usually take that as a sign of some percentage of quality. Of course, the reviews mention how easy it is for bugs to bite through the bottom fabric. That doesn't sound so swift. Hmm...

"Mahwedge...
    A bwessed awangement...
    A dweam within a dweam..."

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 END MODS
    Insulation
    Lynx /FlightJacket
    Suspension
    nylon straps
    Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    Dutch...ships quick and is a great price. $42 for the hammock and $50+ for separate bug net. Plus cinch buckles or whoopies. Call him and he might be able to overnight it for a little extra.

Thanks DuneElliot
    That might be a smart move.
    I'll talk to mama...

"Mahwedge...
    A bwessed awangement...

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbeard View Post
    Hello all.
    Looking for a quick solution to my YWAM daughter's hammock search.
    She has been told that when she arrives in Panama, next week, she will need a HAMMOCK, as her main sleeping quarters.
    This leaves Dad with just a couple days to find something, perhaps on Amazon, and have them 2-day mail it to her, on the west coast.
    Can anyone recommend a sturdy hammock from the generic vendors on there, with possibly a Bug Net? I'm told the mosquito borne diseases are very real, there.
    Looking for a 50 dollar solution, but will probably end up spending another hundred, as she IS my little girl....
    Scratching my head on this one.
    Please advise.
    Again, I need to find something quickly, before she just buys the first 19 dollar, store hammock, that she sees.
    What do other folks do, when they need a setup FASSSSSST ?
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Ted in NJ
    You can always run to a store such as REI, Cabals, BassPro, etc and pick up an ENO with bug net and overnight it as well.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    If she can go by REI in next couple of days, that will be the cheapest and most reliable option. We can help you pick out a system from REI that should work fine. Overnight from NJ to the west coast is going to cost you at least $50 for the size and weight.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    Pad PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies n toggles
    If you are an amazon prime member you get free two day shipping on most items. Check out Wise Owl Double Owl. It's 10' long and over 6' wide comes with ropes and biners. Price is around $35. Just got one for my nephew and it's really nice actually.

Pair it with an ENO Guardian Bug net for around $60. This Bug net completely surrounds the hammock to prevent bites through the hammock body. It also provides a place to put light weight stuff like a jacket and/or clothes in the net below.

Our cottage vendors are awesome but for speed of delivery, budget and needs a set up like this should work out great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps

~ Panama Missions Trip - Daughter needs a Hammock ~

In this situation with only 2 days you should tell your daughter to visit her local REI and buy an ENO hammock and ENO Guardian bug net.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC/Dutch/WL/DH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch and Amsteel
    Images
    Howdy Winterbeard, our family is a part of YWAM and we have gone on a number of mission trips to Brazil, Colombia, Jamaica, etc. Your daughter is going to have a wonderful time. I pray that she will remain safe and out of harm's way and that she grows closer in her Walk.

As far as hammocks, your best bet in such short notice call Dutchware to see if they can get you an 11ft netless hammock, suspension, and bugnet shipped to you in time. A lesser expensive alternative are the lounging hammocks in the Closeouts section on Dutchwaregear.com. They are 11ft x 78" and include suspension for $35. All you would need to add is the bugnet for $57 and shipping.

If that doesn't work out, make the drive over to the Marlton REI and pick up an ENO Double Nest, Atlas Straps and Bugnet. The ENO Double Nest is a shorter hammock at 9.5ft but it is wide so that may help. Most would agree that a longer hammock is more comfortable than a shorter one. Though I would not recommend the ENO JungleNest, it is uncomfortable and much too small for anyone close to adult size.

If you can find a Grand Trunk Double Hammock (Cabela's in Newark, DE, or the Marmot store in KOP, PA or Trail Creek Outfitters over in Glenmills, PA) that is a better choice than an ENO because it is larger and will be a more comfortable hammock. In Brazil, the WYAM teams mostly use ENO hammocks, a few GTs and of course Brazilian-style hammocks.

Don't forget to have her set everything up in advance with you so she knows what to do when she gets out on the mission field. I recommend buying a bottle or two of Sawyer's Permethrin from Walmart or REI and treating (outdoors-well ventilated area) the hammock, bugnet and clothing she is taking with her. I would also recommend picking up some Sawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent or similar. That should be a big help with the mosquitoes. Oh and lastly get her a headlamp (like a Princeton Tec), we found them indispensable for walking and reading/writing at night.

Hope that helps! God bless, safe travels.
    Semper Paratus - Fidelis - Vigilans - Soli Deo Gloria

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 END MODS
    Insulation
    Lynx /FlightJacket
    Suspension
    nylon straps
    Much thanks for your thoughts, Trailslug, Skyjacker, Campdavid, Kroma, and II Samuel 22.
    Like I mentioned, this was a rush order. After considering all your options, My Mrs. and I went with the Grand Trunk, and Mosquito netting. They offered a complete package. (May still take a little fiddling...) and Amazon's one day shipping, for an extra 6.95.
    All total, it came out around seventy something.
    I would have liked to patronize Dutch, but I need to send him a BLING order of my own, anyhow, so he'll make some $$$ off of me soon enough.
    I'll mention to Hannah about treating the net with Permethrin, before she leaves the area. She's not in San Diego, directly, her station is down in Mexico, at present. She does get up to there before this weekend, though, so she will pick up the hang equipment and be ready for her weekend flight.
    Thanks for all your help, again, and God bless.
    Ted and Patti

"Mahwedge...
    A bwessed awangement...