DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket

North Sylamore Creek Trail, AR- Mid October

I spent the past few days with my buddy down at Sylamore Creek, just outside of Mountain View, AR in the Ozark Mountains. I live near Chicago, and he lives near Houston; so this was the perfect midpoint for us to meet. The weather was unseasonably warm this time of year (about 10 degrees warmer than normal). As such, the Fall colors were not in full swing, but it was gorgeous nonetheless.

For the trip, I took my GTSB Pro hammock, daisy chain straps, a cheap 9x9 poly tarp, and my DIY Costco UQ and TQ. The temperature dipped to the mid-50s on the first night. I decided to wear shorts and a t-shirt inside my hammock, and was totally comfortable. The other two nights only got into the low-mid 60s. For that, I just wore my undies, and all was well in the hammock. All in all, I was very pleased with how my gear performed. For an inexpensive setup, I could not have asked for more.

This is definitely a trip I would recommend. It's about 23.5 miles from Cripple Turkey trailhead to Allison. The hike is full of switch backs and elevation changes, but it gradually decreases in elevation the further you go. We did 18 miles on Friday, and finished the last 5.5 miles on Saturday. Our original plan was to take our time and split it up over three days. However, when we set up camp Thursday night, we were informed by a couple locals that Saturday was the first day of muzzle loader season. Being that neither of us fancied the idea of being mistaken for deer, we decided to get as far as we could on Friday!

Here are a few pictures from the trip. Enjoy!

Sylamore 5.jpgSylamore 4.jpgSylamore 3.jpgSylamore 2.jpgSylamore 1.jpgHammock.jpg
    Last edited by rweb82; 10-18-2016 at 09:27.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Beautiful area and nice pics. It's cool you could get with a buddy from another area that far away and make the hike happen. Thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Thank you! We were trying to think of a good way to get together without breaking the bank. I had not seen him since my wedding in 2012; so needless to say, this was long overdue. We are planning to do something like this a couple times a year now.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Thank you! We were trying to think of a good way to get together without breaking the bank. I had not seen him since my wedding in 2012; so needless to say, this was long overdue. We are planning to do something like this a couple times a year now.
    That's neat. It's always good to get back in touch with old buddies.

• + New Posts