Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Grand Trunk & ENO doubles
    Suspension
    JRB straptriglide
    Images

Hello From Hampton VA

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Been looking through the forums the last few days, lots of good information here. Just received my copy of Hammock Camping and pretty much completed it the first night. Looking forward to hanging around, like the idea of using a hammock for camping, especially since the GF and I are attempting to get geared up for some overnight hiking (2-3 days) after I get her up to speed on day hiking I wish everyone the best over the Holidays
    SEAN
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    George Bernard Shaw

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Welcome to the forum! You'll find a wealth of info here. Just what you need to pass the wintry nights...reading about hammock camping in the spring with a girlfriend. Lots of decisions, choices, and opinions...that's the fun of it. Enjoy the adventure.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Nice to have you here!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracadruid View Post
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Been looking through the forums the last few days, lots of good information here. Just received my copy of Hammock Camping and pretty much completed it the first night. Looking forward to hanging around, like the idea of using a hammock for camping, especially since the GF and I are attempting to get geared up for some overnight hiking (2-3 days) after I get her up to speed on day hiking I wish everyone the best over the Holidays
    SEAN
    Welcome to the forum...When the holidays are over stop by the shop...you are just a few miles away.... we are off route 17, behind the county grill.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    Welcome Gracadruid!

Welcome to the forum, and the best site on the net. I guarantee that you're going to spend alot of time on here, and learn alot!! Great people and great knowledge.

SW
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

"There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE

My Backpacking Site

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Welcome to the forums!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    Great to see another Virginian on here. I grew up in Yorktown, near the Jacks, but before they had started up. Where in Hampton are you?

Nothing but goodness awaits you here!

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Howdy and welcome!

Hammock
    Grand Trunk & ENO doubles
    Suspension
    JRB straptriglide
    Images
    Thanks for the Welcomes everyone.
    Welcome to the forum...When the holidays are over stop by the shop...you are just a few miles away.... we are off route 17, behind the county grill.

Pan
    Hey Pan been to your all's website a few times, never registered that you are just up the road, will have to get by there.

Great to see another Virginian on here. I grew up in Yorktown, near the Jacks, but before they had started up. Where in Hampton are you?
    Hey VitaMaltz, Well I have pretty much grown up the last 30 years in the greater city of Bull Island (Poquoson) Right now I am currently in the Drummond Corner area of Hampton right on the York and Poquoson lines. The GF and spent a lot of time up in your neck of the woods, we like to get away for the weekends and head for the hills
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    George Bernard Shaw

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    Well give a shout (a PM) next time you're up this way and want a third wheel.
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast