Hello guys,

I'm 'finished' with my first partly homemade hammock for a couple of days now, but I have some problems and I need some confirmations.

My hammock is pretty wide, about 66 inches, so that might explain some things.

My problems are: the edges are too 'floppy', even when I pull the edges before the whipping. If I pull the wipping, it's very uncomfortable to get in, I don't see anything when I lay in my hammock, and last but not least; then I lay flat on my back, the sides get pulled over my face.

Also, I'd like some confirmation on my tying technique. I've mad some pics to explain it (and show off some of my work :P )

Here you can see my treehugger + biner + spectra around the only tree in my backyard :P

Here you can see the 'back' of the treehugger

I used the standard 'loops' to put the spectra through here (this is pretty much the same result as gathering the ends, whipping and not pulling the sides)

The total setup; isn't the hammock hanging too low?

The inside of the hammock, legs laying on both sides of the centerline; isn't it possible to make a somewhat larger centerline?

Situation with the sides 'loose'

Situation with the side pulled up (with my left hand, which doesn't show on the pic)

Hammock total with setup 1 (using the standard loops)

Situation with the sides pulled out, using whipping. Don't pull attention to the uncut cords, this was quickly done

Total setup 2 (with whipping and sides pulled out)

The side 'normal'

From the inside, when I lay flat on my back. As you can see, the sides are almost closing around me.

So, this was a large post, but does anyone have comments, idea's, suggestions, advice etc for me? I don't like hammocking this way