Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images

Sock or Slug Tube for packing a bridge??

I'm trying to go away from packing my hammock and insulation in separate sacks so today I attached my Lynx to the bottom then tossed my TQ inside. I bundled the whole mess up in my arms and squashed as much air out as possible to get it into a compactor bag in the bottom of my pack. Overall it was a huge pain in the butt. I can see where it might be faster and certainly quicker to deploy but there has to be a better system.

I read back through several older threads talking about a variety of solutions but they were all pretty dated. Some mentioned using the WB sock as a multi-purpose sock/tube. I really don't want to drop the cash and I'm not a big fan of the sock. Here in FL and where I normally camp I don't really need the warmth and I think it will simply cause me condensation problems.

A WL Lazy Slug Tube seems to be what I'm looking for but they seem to be made primarily for gathered end. Anyone have any issues with the straps/suspension causing problems? Also, the bridge body is much shorter than a typical gathered end so am I going to end up with a lot of extra length for nothing? Do both ends have some kind of drawstring closure or just the small end? They're sold in pairs but I think one alone might do the trick. Maybe someone out there wants to split a pair??

I'm betting I'm not the first to have this dilemma but my search-fu using google on the forums was letting me down this afternoon. Please point me in the right direction

Hammock
    WBXLC, Chameleon, RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, Pole Mod
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, AHE, LLCP
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Images

This is the LST, large, on a standard WBBB, Loco Libre 3.6 underquilt and REI summer bag enclosed. The ends of both tubes cinch. I can slide the LST over the hammock keeping condensation from the SuperFly (Hennessey Snake Skins) when breaking down the setup. Stayed at a marina in Steinhatchee for eight dollars a night. More than paid for my setup versus staying in a room.

Not a bridge setup. Hope some info helps.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Wow....nice setup on the boat. So does the swing of the hammock amplify with any wake or waves?? I think I'd end up seasick....

Now I'm on the fence between the small or large size and whether to go with the mesh or regular fabric. Hopefully a few more folks will chime in. I've got a friend who could easily make me something custom but all the fabric I have at the moment is silnylon. I'd rather go with something breathable and less "sticky". I think the sil would kind of grab the UQ fabric and make it hard to install/remove.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    I just stuff each piece hammock stuff in my pack liner. top quilt, under quilt, hammock, close bag, done.
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

• + New Posts