Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I too have some fitment issues with the 3/4 length quilts. I've practiced enough, and understand whats going on, but I still seem to fight cold spots with them. I've temporarily cured my issues by ordering a couple full length UQ's for the wife and I

I may fiddle with my 3/4 quilts more this winter to see if I can figure it out for good, but it will likely be here at home and not on the trail.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I have some diy synthetics modeled on the Jarbridge. First time I used it I had similar issues. My solution to get it to snug up was to attach Prussic loops on my ridge line that are placed around 10-12" in from the whipping on my 11' hammock. I rig my quilt to those points instead of to the whipping. Dutch quilt hooks, and AHE triangle thingies have a similar effect.

I highly recommend this. I could not get a snug fit on a synthetic rigged to the ends, but by bringing the rigging points in I can always tweak to get rid of cold spots.

Caveat: I think the jarbridge is similar to what I worked out. It is not a traditional continuous loop suspension, but uses a tie out point at each corner that has shock cords that rig up to the hammock. I put a cordlockon each corner that allows me to adjust the shock cord at each corner to get a custom fit into he fly. It's similar to the "secondary" suspensions that several quilts use.

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    I've not used mine much, but on an 11' hammock it seemed tricky to get it right. Using the Triangle Thingies made it a piece of cake and I had no issues adjusting it then.

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven 11
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use a Jarbidge on a 11 ft Dutch hammock, I know that you need to make sure the Uq when attached pulls the hammock up quite a bit, this keeps it tight against the body. And also the use of Dutch quilt hooks or triangle things help in keeping the quilt from sliding off the shoulder. Good luck I know you will get it dialed

Images
    You can add extra suspension shockcord,

or use Ridgeline Quilt Hooks to lift things up and help make the seal around the edges,

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a couple 3/4 length UQ and I start them out a little too far down towards the foot end, then adjust upward over my shoulders after I'm lying in the hammock. neither have secondary suspension so it's easy to slide it upward on the primary.

I start out with the side-to-side cinch cord loose and bring the near side corner up just about even with the top of my ear. then I just tighten the cinch cord up just enough to remove gaps. I have very little tension in the foot end cinch cord...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12