Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0 Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    HG Cuben / Wasps
    Insulation
    HG and UGQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar/Whoopie
    Dutch, this is definitely what I was looking for! I knew something changed, just needed some confirmation. Removing the dimples makes total sense and the material does look more refined, possibly better DWR coverage making it shinier? It's almost like the older argon came 'broken in' compared to this new stuff.

I won't stress it, as I know the material rocks and is the same quality stuff. Thanks!

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Yes the “dimples” and softer feel will return after usage. Harry explained to me at the time nothing had changed with my quilts and they were not made with the calendered side out as I had first presumed. I don’t remember Harry mentioning that the Argon supply was any different. Now that Dutch has revealed a new construction technique others can stop wondering in the future if their dimples are too shiny or bright

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0 Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    HG Cuben / Wasps
    Insulation
    HG and UGQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar/Whoopie
    I'm just glad I'm not alone in being a weird gear fanatic/freak. My first issue was that I fell so far in love with the older super soft dimpled argon on my first HG quilt, that the new one instantly threw me off.

I picked up an argon 90 Camo quilt used, and the 90 was so insanely dimpled it is like braile when running your hands over it. Maybe it's a hidden code lol. Then I got the new 67 Phoenix and it was so different I had to research. Glad Dutch was able to clear this up, and only us older, weird argon customers will notice or care lol.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Well this made me wonder so I contacted Adam and asked of he changed material. I also looked up invoices and I can totally say that he has used ARGON since we invented it and it is almost exactly the same. I am the producer of it and it uses the exact same ingredients and the only different is the dimples. The softness of ARGON comes from the fibers that are used. I considered the dimples to be undesirable and asked them the manufacture to see if it can be better. There is less tension on the ripstop grid threads when it is being woven. Any differences in softness is that the fabric becomes softer as it is used and a new quilt has a crisper feeling. It is all the same components, thread type, thread count and quality DWR. I think you will find with a little usage the crispness will go away and you will have the same fantastic quilts HG has been known for.
    You, sir, are incredible.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by CBX133 View Post
    and only us older, weird argon customers will notice or care lol.
    Dutch will have a disclaimer on his website for the occasional old weird argon customer that happens to load

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345