Hammock Tarp Size

My wife and I will be traveling overseas for the next year. To cut down on weight I would like to pack one tarp that would fit over two hammocks suspended closely together or stacked. I am uncertain the size that I need to do this correctly. My hammock is 116" in length and hers is 108" in length. Any suggestions on size, type, and setup orientation is helpful.
    Thanks

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    Simply Light Designs can make the Winter Haven tarp with Xenon Wide fabric. If you choose a 13 ft ridgeline that will make a 13 X 12 ft tarp. That's a pretty big tarp.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by skyjacker View Post
    Simply Light Designs can make the Winter Haven tarp with Xenon Wide fabric. If you choose a 13 ft ridgeline that will make a 13 X 12 ft tarp. That's a pretty big tarp.
    I've been considering something similar. I'm thinking of making a 12x12 flat tarp out of the xenon wide for dual hanging. I suspect it won't save a ton of weight though. It will probably be almost as heavy as 2 hex tarps.

I've considered the winter tarp, but with two hammocks and spreader poles I don't think I'd get the doors shut anyway!

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy42 View Post
    I've been considering something similar. I'm thinking of making a 12x12 flat tarp out of the xenon wide for dual hanging. I suspect it won't save a ton of weight though. It will probably be almost as heavy as 2 hex tarps.

I've considered the winter tarp, but with two hammocks and spreader poles I don't think I'd get the doors shut anyway!
    You may be able to shut the doors on a 13 ft ridgeline using two hammocks. Even if they didn't shut all the way up, it would be better than no doors.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Figure 83% of those hammocks lengths, that's the length + 1' or so you'll need to cover with your tarp. Stacked hammocks will require the same tarp RL length as the longest hammock. Side by side can be done with the previously mentioned RL length, and depending on the weather 3 trees close together works quite well. There's a pic of this setup in my gallery. 2 11' hammocks under an 11' tarp, an SLD WinterHaven as skyjacker mentioned

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    The wife's and my hammock ridgelines are both 116". We have 11 foot hex tarps. Individually our hammocks fit plenty well under our tarps. Sometimes we hang together under the same tarp, at which point, our CLS tend to poke out a bit. I would recommend a 12 ft with doors. We don't have doors but I did make beaks and it worked out well. IMO longer is better for co-hanging.

Cheers,
    the Goat
    Cheers,
    The Goat

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    There would be room under a WL Bullfrog or OldManWinter too, it'd be tight side by side when closed down in winter mode, but I think it could be done. Pretty sure youd be able to close doors as well, though like the others I'd recommend the longer ridgeline. Whenever one of you gets out, the empty hammock won't take up as much room, and you can order inside loops to tie the hammocks back for more room

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts