Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Lots of info shared in this thread.

Basically there are 3 ways to put pictures in a post. 1) upload them to the gallery and link them. 2) 'attach' them to the post. 3) upload them to another site and link them.

I use option #1 if it's hammock related. I use either #2 or #3 if it's not related enough to belong in the gallery. In either case, I personally much prefer clickable links rather than LARGE images. It's more respectful of thread clutter and slow bandwidth.

For those of you that are savvy and have images off HF and would like them to be clickable links -

[url=***][img]###/img][/url] where (*** = URL of your image) and (### = URL of your thumbnail)
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    Open the image in the gallery. Right click on the image itself and copy the image URL. Then when creating your message click on the insert image icon (yellow square with a mountain on it) and then paste the image URL into the dialog box.
    So to clarify, it sounds like you can use the insert image icon IF you've uploaded an image to a HF gallery or if it is stored somewhere online (photobucket, picasa, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Lots of info shared in this thread.

Basically there are 3 ways to put pictures in a post. 1) upload them to the gallery and link them. 2) 'attach' them to the post. 3) upload them to another site and link them.

I use option #1 if it's hammock related. I use either #2 or #3 if it's not related enough to belong in the gallery. In either case, I personally much prefer clickable links rather than LARGE images. It's more respectful of thread clutter and slow bandwidth.

For those of you that are savvy and have images off HF and would like them to be clickable links -

[url=***][img]###/img][/url] where (*** = URL of your image) and (### = URL of your thumbnail)
    Ummmm, yeah not the savvy one here... But again it sounds like the photo either has to be uploaded to a HF gallery or some other online gallery for this to work. Uploading as an attachement leaves it as a thumbnail at the end of the post, but this attachment cannot in turn be shown larger in the body of the post. (though clicking the thumbnail of course opens a new window with the enlarged photo shown) Correct?

Thank you both for clarifying.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12