Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    RevTQ/IncubatorUQ
    Suspension
    Huggers/Buckles

UQ Upgrade Needed?

I have a HG Incubator40 that I have used only once with my Eno Jungle nest. It worked fine, but seemed a bit cumbersome to set.

I have upgrade my Eno to a Blackbird. The Wooki UQ looks so easy to pair with the Blackbird. I want people's thoughts on if I should upgrade?

And then if so... I have my Incubator40 up for sale!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Maybe this will help with the cumbersome-ism.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I bought the wooki in the fall and due to several annoying conflicts so far - I've not taken it on a trip yet (my wooki 3 season model [20 degree]).

However I have back yard tested it to great results down to 28 degrees just lounging.

I feel I cannot give a final review until I truly use it on at least an overnight trip....have one planned for 1/14/17 weekend.

In some way these are apples and oranges.

Out of the box the incubator is more adjustable to multiple hammocks, however with some bit of effort I have fit my wooki to my dutch netless 11 footer for what I perceive as a perfect fit! (required two simple mods to do it).

And if you want to vent the wooki you have to come up with a way to do that - it does not come "out of the box with such a means but it is very simple to mod it to vent.

On my WB XLC the wooki just hooks on and that is all.

I have used a JRB greykock 3 for the past year and it worked great - but you do need to learn to avoid gaps...it's not a "big deal" at all but frankly - I was out comparing these two (apples and oranges I realize) and the wooki is just incredibly simple and my other setup felt indeed relative to this "cumbersome" (again *relatively*)

I've also used for an overnight trip a buddies incubator zero degree and it performed well - only got to low of 34 that night.

Realize that Changing from 40 degree to a wooki would mean going down to 20 degree or 0 degree....no 40 degree model exists.

Are you having issues with the 40 degree model because it has insufficient down for your temps or is it just you don't like adjusting the quilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Tarp
    HG hex 1 grizzbeak
    Insulation
    EE Rev30
    Images
    Keep the 40 for summer time and get a 0 for the cold seasons.
    In the shadows

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

UQ Upgrade Needed?

In the dutch hammock (edit - after setting it up for another hammock - there are no amusements to be further made)

Strictly speaking - "out of the box" I would not recommend the wooki if you want to have it used on other hammocks - but personally - I am Confident I can fit it with excellent results to most any gathered end hammock (after mod'ing it)

If you don't mind it fitting only the blackbird without modification of any sort - then doubtful you will be disappointed.

Good luck in your decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Maybe this will help with the cumbersome-ism.
    Shug

As always, nice video, Shug.

I'm surprised that 73''-short underquilt works for a man of your height.. Love the burnt orange -- I've been considering that color.

The adjustments do not seem as difficult as what people make it. Hammock Gear's underquilt seem like a great option for my Ridgerunner -- and shared with the Blackbird XLC if I get it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    RevTQ/IncubatorUQ
    Suspension
    Huggers/Buckles
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I am still relatively new to all this. I do like my Incubator, have not had any trouble with it really. Just was kind of "thinking out loud" and asking if I needed an upgrade. It really isn't that hard to set up. I like the ability to vent, and I do most of my camping during the warmer months. I do like the ease of attachment for the wooki and I would be using it on my Blackbird. I do enjoy everyone being so helpful.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Go for the winter Wookie and as others have said keep the 40° for warmer weather. The beauty of the Wookies are they are so easy to hang when it's cold and your done with it.

• + New Posts