Tarp
    WB CB / UGQ WD
    Insulation
    WB Lynx / LL GP
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IbeforeEexceptafterC View Post
    It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with Paul and Missy. It is a big order so I do want to be sure I am making the right decisions. I must have sent 20 emails so far and Paul has promptly answered all my questions! Just fantastic!

I am almost ready to hit the pay button, here's what I have:

1) 0 Degree 850 fill ambush with 2 oz overstuff
    2) 0 Degree 850 fill flight jacket with insulated footbox, 2 oz body overstuff and an extra 1 oz overstuff in the footbox (I get cold feet very easy!)
    3) 30 Degree 850 fill flight jacket with snaps and drawcord with 2 oz overstuff.
    4) 30 Degree 850 fill ambush with 2 oz overstuff
    5) 13' Membrane Winter Dream with end pole mod plus poles. Its for my WBRR and I figure with the pole mod I don't need the panel pulls.

I think I've thought of everything?? lol
    The only two things I would change is moving all the quilts from 850 to 950, if you can afford it and changing the flight jackets to renegades. If you are buying all of this, I would assume you could afford another $125-$250. Now if weight isn't a concern and for some reason you don't like the renegade, then you are going to love your purchase!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    You didn't tell us what color(s) you decided on.

Looks good.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbus37 View Post
    The only two things I would change is moving all the quilts from 850 to 950, if you can afford it and changing the flight jackets to renegades. If you are buying all of this, I would assume you could afford another $125-$250. Now if weight isn't a concern and for some reason you don't like the renegade, then you are going to love your purchase!

I wouldn't change a thing, perfect just the way you have it!
    It cannot get in the line up untill you place the order!

Hammock
    TE Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Oh nimbus I wish I could but:

1) The wife said I couldn't spend more then I had raised selling old gear/clothes so I pretty much spent every cent I raised lol
    2) Being Canadian that $250 turns into more like $350 with the exchange, and then we pay 13% sales tax eeeeeek so the upgrades get up there in extra cost pretty quick.
    3) I portage 90% of the time so while yes carrying a canoe AND gear over the portages gets very heavy, time is mostly spent paddling gear so I am not a "ultralightweight guy" but also not a "bring whatever weight to save money and be comfy" guy either. Some happy medium in between.

Well I hit the pay button yesterday afternoon!!!!

With the colours I am a bit boring and really like dark and earth tones. And the RR is olive brown so I kept them dark and neutral.

- For the tarp I went with Dark Olive with stock black trim (just love the look of it hanging in the boreal forest up here)
    - 0 degree quilts are black on the outside, dark olive on the inside
    - 30 degree quilts are black on the outside, coyote brown on the inside.

I know, boring but I hate when stains show and just like to blend in lol

Now the wait...

Cheers!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB CB / UGQ WD
    Insulation
    WB Lynx / LL GP
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IbeforeEexceptafterC View Post
    Oh nimbus I wish I could but:

1) The wife said I couldn't spend more then I had raised selling old gear/clothes so I pretty much spent every cent I raised lol
    2) Being Canadian that $250 turns into more like $350 with the exchange, and then we pay 13% sales tax eeeeeek so the upgrades get up there in extra cost pretty quick.
    3) I portage 90% of the time so while yes carrying a canoe AND gear over the portages gets very heavy, time is mostly spent paddling gear so I am not a "ultralightweight guy" but also not a "bring whatever weight to save money and be comfy" guy either. Some happy medium in between.

Well I hit the pay button yesterday afternoon!!!!

With the colours I am a bit boring and really like dark and earth tones. And the RR is olive brown so I kept them dark and neutral.

- For the tarp I went with Dark Olive with stock black trim (just love the look of it hanging in the boreal forest up here)
    - 0 degree quilts are black on the outside, dark olive on the inside
    - 30 degree quilts are black on the outside, coyote brown on the inside.

I know, boring but I hate when stains show and just like to blend in lol

Now the wait...

Cheers!
    You are going to love your gear. Great selection!
    Let us know when you are in southern MI, if ever! Paul and I would probably like to hang with you!
    Nimbus37

Hammock
    TE Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just noticed my quilts are in production and the WD 13 is already made and ready to ship!!!

I will post some set up pics in the backyard when it comes in and I have a trip planned the first weekend in April where it should be getting down below 0 celsius, probably around 10 fahrenheit so I will take some pics and post with reports of the tarp and 0 degree ambush and flight jacket quilts in action out in the woods! I am sure I'll be toasty warm!

Cant wait! As I said before, Paul and Missy were so wonderful to deal with and thank you all for your input and opinions, always appreciated.

Cheers!

Hammock
    TE Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    UPDATE!

So I finally got around to setting everything up in my back yard briefly tonight. It was a long, hard wait but with 2 jobs and in school full time everytime I had a free day it was snowing or raining or windy as all heck.

First impressions are the quality of the products are AMAZING!!! Just beautiful. More on this later but I have an afternoon off tomorrow and have to do some trouble shooting so hoping for some help here.

My main concern was when I hooked up the Ambush and got in, it felt like there was ALOT of tension through the head end of the suspension (the end without shock cord) and the ambush didnt seem to snug up on the sides of the RR. I loosened off the foot end (the adjustable end with shock cord and a cord lock) and it still felt like alot of tension a the head end and ofcourse this made the gapping at the side worse and I was scared to tear the underquilt so I stopped my test and then it got dark while I was trying to find the answer on here. Now I am new to the RR as well so maybe my hang angle was way off but I dont think I could have been so far off as to cause that.

SO my questions is: does anyone have a picture of there ambush hooked up to a ridgerunner? I hooked the suspension up through the little loops in the RR where the metal things are that the spreader bars attach to (not sure if this is the right spot or not?)

Anyway, I'll post a few pics tomorrow of my issues (and the WD13 set up) and maybe someone can spot what I am doing wrong. I am certain its user error and not anything wrong with the RR or underquilt.

Thank you kindly in advance for your help.

Cheers!

Hammock
    TE Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sorry for the bad lighting everyone; the sun and shade from the trees just didn't want to co-operate. I am thinking it must be the lack of spread in my hammock stand and therefore the hang of the RR. Is this too steep of a hang for the RR? I know its better to have a 15-18' span for the ideal hang.

Anyway, let me know if anyone spots anything wrong. Im leaving for a trip next week and gotta get it figure out!

Cheers!

My hang before the underquilt installed (I know not the best spread for a WBRR; the spread of my hammock stand is only about 13 1/2 feet)
    20170423_085643 by Marcus Watson, on Flickr

With the underquilt on and the foot suspension slacked
    20170423_090419 by Marcus Watson, on Flickr

Underquilt on with foot suspension tightened up pretty much all the way:
    20170423_090353 by Marcus Watson, on Flickr

Gaps at the side while lying in the hammock:
    20170423_090232 by Marcus Watson, on Flickr
    20170423_090251 by Marcus Watson, on Flickr

Shock cord added to head end. This stays tight when I'm in it but if I pull hard it'll give way. I put it on just as a safety with all the tension I was feeling at the head end:
    20170423_090714 by Marcus Watson, on Flickr

Foot suspension tightened almost all the way:
    20170423_090728 by Marcus Watson, on Flickr

Hang with the quilt suspensions pulled all the way tight at head and foot end:
    20170423_090827 by Marcus Watson, on Flickr
    Last edited by APSolitude; 04-23-2017 at 09:51.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    SUPER FLY
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I clip the uq to the line on the tree side of the spreader bar. This lifts it tighter.

Hammock
    TE Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks Major! I'll try that tonight when I get home to see if it works.

I'm hoping it does as I was really looking forward to the no fiddle factor of the WBRR with an ambush...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12