AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings

AHE on Facebook

So my wife is a Facebook Junkie so figured why not lets get AHE up so that we can post updates and notices about gear and what we have going on. So drop me a line, friend request, fan or what ever.

AHE Facebook Page
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Good idea Paul - would be nice to have an official hammockforums facebook group too.

Hammock
    Darien 11'
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UnderGround Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I just joined both This is cool to be able to put faces to all these usernames!
    Last edited by optimator; 01-01-2010 at 22:57.
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    I don't know if its just me, but the problem I see with adding facebook is... its another site we have to check outside of HF. I like HF because its pretty much the central location where you can find all the information... well, I guess if FB is just a social site it doesnt matter...

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpo63 View Post
    I don't know if its just me, but the problem I see with adding facebook is... its another site we have to check outside of HF. I like HF because its pretty much the central location where you can find all the information... well, I guess if FB is just a social site it doesnt matter...
    I can see your point, but HF is not here just for making little day to day updates about what we have going on. I think posting updates here about new things that serve a value to the community is worth wile. But I am working to expand out line beyond just hammock gear (backpacking accessories) and that sort of stuff doesn't always fit in here. But be sure that any hammock stuff will still make it here when it is ready.

But the Facebook thing also lets us be able to give a git more info about what we are doing, the gear testing and development that we have going on day to day. Sure when something is ready to go prime time that may be useful to the community I will still post here. But I already do the same thing on my website now to a degree, we have a members section and from time to time they get previews as we get stuff ready.

And of corse it is another means to make contact with more people. And maybe work out ideas and concepts for gear before I am ready to bring it to the HF community. For example yesterday we got in some rings to use like descender rings, I only got a few to play with them and see how they did. Found out with a couple more emails to the supplier that they break one of each batch and the size I got averages max load at 2000 pounds and every ring is test loaded to 250 pounds just to check. I also did some experimenting with them and found that I could not get any webbing slippage from them. I cranked the webbing down until I had an almost horizontal hang and still could not get them to slip with out a backup knot

Should have them up on the site in a couple days in the first colors and more towards the end of the week.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    What is the weight on those things? They are ginormous!

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Yah they look big for sure -- and that is the small but they are very light, I have to get over to the shop in a bit and can get them on the scale but I am guessing they are maybe an oz for the pair-- they feel lighter than the Cinch Buckles we have though.

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpo63 View Post
    There's not a whole lot going on on the HF FB group. I think most FB users just join groups and rarely check back with them.

Now this Forum is starting to get to me! There are SOO many new people coming in with the same questions I had when I first got into hammocking. I CAN'T keep up with all the post! I've just been letting most of the threads go unread.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    I can see your point Paul related to AHE. Hope it works for you as you do have good stuff to offer!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast