11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

WI >Bacon Fest > Hartman Creek State State Park > May 19-21

Please sign up on the Google sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Co-hosts for the weekend: Karla "with a k" & DaisyPetal

Why BaconFest? It was an idea thrown around at a 2016 hang and we love bacon. Why question anything involving bacon? You know you are coming!

Date: Friday, May 19 @ 3pm until Sunday, May 21 @ noon

Hartman Creek State Park Address: Hartman Creek Rd, Waupaca, WI 54981

State park sticker or daily pass required. (More info on sticker: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/admission.html?prompt=0)

Group Site details:
    * We will be at Group site #4
    * Max Num of People: 50 - limited to the first 50 who pay Karla
    * Pets Allowed: Yes, Domestic on leash
    * Max Num of Vehicles: 10 (please carpool) - there is overflow parking available about 500 feet from our site (it is the Oak Ridge Hiking Trail parking lot across from the group camp entrance
    * Fire Pit: Y
    * Picnic Table: Y
    * Pit toilets and hand pump for water is nearby
    * We'll be able to gather dead wood, but everyone should purchase a bundle of wood

Map of the group site area:

Here is a picture of our site:

Cost is $10 + 1 bundle of wood - bring it to the site with you.

To pay Karla: 1. click this link: paypal.me/karlamarykay/10 2. This option is free to you and me if you use your paypal funds or bank account. 3. If you choose to use a credit card, the rate is: 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction (the sender "you" decides who pays this fee) - you must select yourself. Karla should receive the full amount.

Meals: We will eat bacon at every meal. Please sign up for one meal in addition to Saturday night's Bacon Bite Night. 4-5 people per meal, please fill-in where needed. In order to ensure our bacon happiness, the hosts have given guidelines for each meal:

Friday night - chicken, pasta & bacon dishes

Saturday morning - eggs, bacon, and other tasty breakfast goodies (fruit, muffins, bagels, etc)

Saturday lunch - BLTs & fixings

Saturday dinner - Bacon Bite Night! This is a chance to show off your bacon talents. This is a small plate tapas meal - think bite sized appetizers. We'd love for you to provide one bite of your dish to everyone in attendance. Please indicate on the sign-up sheet if you are bringing something savory or sweet. We'd hate to only have sweet desserts to eat.

Sunday breakfast - pancakes, bacon and other tasty breakfast goodies (fruit, muffins, bagels, etc)

Bacon Contest:

After Bacon Bite Night, you will have a chance to vote on your favorite savory bacon bite and your favorite sweet bacon bite. Winners will be announced at Sunday's breakfast.

Please sign up on the Google sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Rules governing our BaconFest Weekend:

Last edited by Karla "with a k"; 01-15-2017 at 08:45.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Wow Karla you've really taken on the mantle of leader of organizing WI group hangs. This is just outstanding and an incredibly fun theme. Many kudos to you. A little too early to know if I'll make it but I've definitely put it on my hopefully can make it work list. We have an amazing local butcher here in Iron River know for his bacon cuts.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Wow Karla you've really taken on the mantle of leader of organizing WI group hangs. This is just outstanding and an incredibly fun theme. Many kudos to you. A little too early to know if I'll make it but I've definitely put it on my hopefully can make it work list. We have an amazing local butcher here in Iron River know for his bacon cuts.
    #1 - thank you for the wonderful compliment. I'm just new and I know many before me have taken on the mantel. Glad to play a part for this year.
    #2 - many thanks to DaisyPetal for her input in making all these ideas come to fruition
    #3 - I really really really want you to make it. I really want to meet you!! Any chance we can get your wife to come as well?
    #4 - You HAVE TO come when you say things like "amazing local butcher"
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    CF3 Winter Palace
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Well, Tracker and I are a given!

Karla I second the kudos for taking his on. You shine lady! This is going to be fun!
    Daisypetal

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    #1 - thank you for the wonderful compliment. I'm just new and I know many before me have taken on the mantel. Glad to play a part for this year.
    #2 - many thanks to DaisyPetal for her input in making all these ideas come to fruition
    #3 - I really really really want you to make it. I really want to meet you!! Any chance we can get your wife to come as well?
    #4 - You HAVE TO come when you say things like "amazing local butcher"
    I'll definitely try to talk her into it. Or at least she'll stop in to say hi, maybe drop me off and go down to visit her Mom in Madison.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG WB
    Images
    Wow! My dream hang theme! I hope I can make it! As always, I will not know until much closer to the date.
    Last edited by BeechGirl; 01-16-2017 at 14:44.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I saw this phrase today and HAD TO put it on a red hat!

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Prepare for your mouth to water.... here is what we will be eating for Friday's Dinner

http://www.momontimeout.com/2016/05/...-bread-recipe/

AND

Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Less than 100 days until BACONFEST!!!

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    If you live near a Pick-N-Save, they have a three day sale on Patrick Cudahy Bacon. You need to "e-clip" the coupon to your PNS card first.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast