Hammock
    DH- Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winterdream
    Insulation
    HG 20, UGQ Zep. 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I can't imagine a better hammock than my Sparrow. Completely modular, zippers on both sides that meet in the middle. Mine was cut to lay head left-feet right, but I've laid the opposite way and it feels just as comfortable. With the underquilt hooks on my hammock and the mod on my UGQ underquilt I don't have to worry about my underquilt falling off my shoulder. The chameleon looks great, but my sparrow is top notch!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Woodsman x, various Dutch
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepp / UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    depends on mood
    The Sparrow has to be the best available out there, certainly on my list of must haves. So who's borrowing who's design features
    Trees! the main cause of forest fires....

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, Darian
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I just received a new Sparrow not long ago and I am very pleased with every aspect of this hammock. I'm sure Dutch is making a great hammock as well. I have many on his other products that are awesome. However, there is no way his hammock is any better than this Dream Hammock. In fact, it seems he copied many features of DH. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. All that said, I'm sure either will serve you well.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This appears a perk for Dream:

Rising tides lift all boats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Equip
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    How many additional non-cosmetic features does one have to add not to be considered copying any longer? I cant remember if it was a conversation I had with Dutch or a post on this forum but it was at least over a year ago and he said he didnt want to just put out a copy of a netted hammock to compete with everyone else and he wasnt going to release one unless it was different and had its own unique advantages...it looks like he accomplished that.
    Last edited by njsurfer; 01-19-2017 at 20:00.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." -Bob Dylan

My YouTube Channel

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    12' UGQ Asym
    Insulation
    HG20 UQ / UGQ30 TQ
    Suspension
    Woopie
    I think one of the big differences I can see from reading the comments is that Randy at DH will talk to you about what you're looking for and customize it to you, vs. ordering a right out of the box this is what you get hammock. For the price, since they are about the same, I'd prefer the customization myself.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Equip
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I think their business models are completely different and its hard to compare. Dutch has always prided himself on the quick delivery of his products. If he was to continue that approach he needed to come up with a design like the chameleon. You cant ship a custom hammock the same/next day, as his is plan. I think they both have their place in the market. His product certainly isnt inferior or not innovative because he has a thus sucessful marketing plan, as some have claimed...
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." -Bob Dylan

My YouTube Channel

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    12' UGQ Asym
    Insulation
    HG20 UQ / UGQ30 TQ
    Suspension
    Woopie
    I've been mountain biking for over 20 years now. I bought all the big bike brands, specialized, trek, etc... I bit the bullet a while ago and snagged a custom frame and will never go back. The quick ship, in stock stuff does have a place but there is nothing like something that's made for you.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theck View Post
    I've been mountain biking for over 20 years now. I bought all the big bike brands, specialized, trek, etc... I bit the bullet a while ago and snagged a custom frame and will never go back. The quick ship, in stock stuff does have a place but there is nothing like something that's made for you.
    HaHa after one goes custom in just about any hobby it is very hard to go back.

One of many bikes I built from parts. I believe I have $8K in this one.
    8020093601_46d198f6a0_o.jpg

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Equip
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Nice Yeti. Makes me reminisce about my ARC-LT I build in the 90s. I fit and ordered many custom framesets for people in my bike industry days (Serotta, Waterford, Frank the Welder, etc) but not many people really NEED a custom geometry frameset, most 'custom' bikes were like your and my Yeti. A stock frame built using components of our choosing.

My YouTube Channel

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast