WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips

17* in Cloumbia SC

Spent last night in the backyard while the Mrs. slept inside pondering what kind of sense her husband really has. Setup consisted of WBBB Double 1.7, 3-Season Yeti w/ reflective liner, ccf and reflectix for the footbox, military poncholiner serving as a top cover, Superfly with doors on, fleece sleeping bag liner, and a 20* Mt Hardware synthetic bag. . . ok, ok... and my down pillow from inside. I wore lightweight thermal and mid-weight fleece pullover and 1 pair of SmartWool socks. After spending 15 minutes listening to the TCU -v- BSU game I checked the temp inside my hammock which read 48*. Outside temp at the time was 29*. I am convinced the top cover is a very good thing. However, I may have to go and get the BBO from Paul as the poncholiner, though it did well, did allow a draft in all night as the pullouts for the BB kept the liner just far enough away to allow that draft in one side then out the other. Slept warm all night and even tried out the hot water bottle trick for the first time and that was also a definite plus.

Now if I can keep the "hooligan" from coming into my backyard and pretending that he is a 120 lb rotweiler barking just outside my tarp, I just might be able to make it through the night with only needing 1 pair of thermals !
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    Spent last night in the backyard while the Mrs. slept inside pondering what kind of sense her husband really has.
    I've found as long as they're smiling when they give you "the look" you're probably OK.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    So when Saturday gets here and the projected low temp is really 10* and I grab the gear . . . no smile means I should put the gear down & start folding the laundry?

Just when I thought I had things figured out . . .
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Start by hanging up another hammock...when she says "no way, its too **** cold", your safe. If not you converted another one.

Nice report and glad things went well.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Images
    Way to go, warm at 17F! I know what you mean about the looks from your wife. Mine will never understand a desire to go sleep outside when it is cold. She doesn't understand sacrificing for science and adding knowledge for the good of mankind!

Last night at 18*F ( it finally hit 15, but I came in a couple of hours early when some neighborhood noise woke me up- forgot my earplugs- and I realized I was plenty warm so test successful).

1:BMBH
    2:MWUQ4
    3:Golight Ultra 20 quilt with separate Marmot hood
    4:light weight long Johns
    5. 14 oz Polarguard jacket with hood/8 oz pants
    6:wool socks and PG booties
    7:fleece hat and neck gator

It was already 20 when I went to bed. The quilts had been hanging for hours so they were ice cold. So it took 5 or 10 minutes to warm them up, sense I had not warmed things up with a hot water bottle, did not use one this time. All was warm and comfy, no problems. I had a leg pad and down vest handy for back up, but did not need them at all.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    .... Just when I thought I had things figured out . . .
    Married coming up on 32 years ... and one thing I can promise you ... if you think you have things figured out ... ya don't The rules change based on ... well ... dang if I know

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

• + New Posts