Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    If a $30 underquilt on a $30 gets someone through a few weeks of trying comfortably before they take the plunge to higher end I'm all for it! If that same $30 does a poor job and turns people off? Thats another matter. I just got the incubator 20 and am curios enough on the Tigris I saved the links...
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I just got my shipping notice, when the slow boat from Shenzhen, China finally arrives I'll do a video review. My guess is that by the time that happens, it will be too warm for a " winter" UQ lol. I'm sure it will be warm, but to the 10° - 20° temps the website says for the winter version that i ordered, I doubt. We shall see though. The pics do show a fairly large packed size so maybe I'm wrong. I hope so!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    I definitely took the long road to buying the right underquilt.

Started off trying to retrofit a sleeping bag since I needed an UQ in 2 days, and this was being amazon sold anything like the snugpak. Wasted money there.

I then bought the snugpak, and honestly I can say thathat wasn't as waste, especially with it being on sale under $30 at times.

I think the problem is when people buy awful cheap products. They want something to get by until they save enough for thay nice down UQ, and end up buying 2 or 3 awful things first.

I'm all for buying something like a snugpak, have it in 2 days for $30, and use it for a year, then save up for your dream quilt.

Every day is a good day.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    That's exactly why I decided to get the Chinese so-called UQ for $28. I figure if it actually works then I scored and if not, I'm only out $28 and I can save someone who might not know any better from making the mistake. At the very least I could use it in the summer or something like that. It sounds like the OneTigris might actually be on par with Snugpaks UQ and be a viable inexpensive option tho. If so then I'm all for it like you said Speedo.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    My thoughts on the $28 Subito underquilt were the same as most here. AT $28 it is worth a try. I did not really need another UQ but what the heck!! Mine arrived and right away I saw a couple things budget hikers are going to like. One, of coarse, the price. But the second is how small it packs down. Mine packed down to a smaller size than my hammock. It has one solid compression sack. As to quality of build... mine seems every bit as good as my Snugpak and maybe even a bit better. It is a bit slim and a 45* lay is not really possible but I got about 30* to 35* and stayed flat and warm all night. Although it was not too cold last night. It did work fine at mid 50's here in SoCal. It is the 3 season UQ and is really all that I need here in SoCal. I will probably use it as a booster the Snugpak or a loaner. I do not hike distances these days so when we base camp the extra load is no issue. All in all I like what $27.46 bought me and will add it to the fleet.

I did a preview video on it just in case someone might be interested.

Last edited by bobamos; 05-22-2017 at 23:39.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wookie, Costco, EE
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    I just got my shipping notice, when the slow boat from Shenzhen, China finally arrives I'll do a video review. My guess is that by the time that happens, it will be too warm for a " winter" UQ lol. I'm sure it will be warm, but to the 10° - 20° temps the website says for the winter version that i ordered, I doubt. We shall see though. The pics do show a fairly large packed size so maybe I'm wrong. I hope so!
    So...how'd the testing go?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12