various homemade Speer type
    Tarp
    10' X 11' Cuben
    Insulation
    CCfoam, Down quilt
    Suspension
    various
    Images
    Thanks qpens and Redtail for setting this up.
    What a great get together, an impressive turn out,
    good weather, gobs of camping space, live music around the
    campfire, really nice people, it was darn near perfect.
    I wish I could have stayed a week.

A big thanks to the Jacks for setting up their gear, especially
    their prototypes, very interesting stuff.

I hope we do this again soon, maybe Spring????

Paul

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh-No View Post
    Thanks qpens and Redtail for setting this up.
    What a great get together, an impressive turn out,
    good weather, gobs of camping space, live music around the
    campfire, really nice people, it was darn near perfect.
    I wish I could have stayed a week.

A big thanks to the Jacks for setting up their gear, especially
    their prototypes, very interesting stuff.

I hope we do this again soon, maybe Spring????

Paul
    My sentiments, entirely! I could have stayed a week. Great people, great area above the shelter and great camaraderie. I woke up this morning missing everyone. I'm up for Spring...if not before :^)
    Michael
    Qpens

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by qpens View Post
    I want to thank everyone who came from near and far to attend the first MAHHA hang. Everyone who attended made this a really special event and it was great to put faces to names that I've seen on Hammock Forums.

Thanks to the Jacks for setting up such an incredible display of so many hammocks...many of which were not theirs, along with their new and older products; and, for all of the great advice that they gave. They were kind enough to lend out things that they brought and let everyone who wanted, to test drive their products. I know that a couple of people slept the night in two of their Bridge Hammocks.
    Well, we made it back home yesterday at 4:00pm. 6 hours of Radio Disney almost straight through. I now know more Hanna Montana and Jonas Brothers songs and just about all the songs from High School Musical 2. Birthday celebrations for Tinker Bell commenced shortly thereafter.

We both had a great time, and I want to especially thank qpens (and Redtail) for setting everything up and feeding us Saturday night at the cookout. Tink had a great time playing with Iafte's boys there. I've taken a few pictures which I will try to post tonight. Feel free to add your own comments.

Thanks to Jacks R Better for bringing their new products and letting us try them out and drool on them (not literally, I promise). I took some pictures of all of it, and will post them. I'd welcome the Jack's to describe the pictures once I post them. Also thanks for the fun raffle! I won the Python skins and Tink won 2 Self Tensioning lines. Pure luck, I swear.

I got to try out the much anticipated Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock, and came away impressed with the workmanship and design, although I haven't been as (shall we say) invested in bridge hammock design on hammockforums.net as some. I wouldn't be able to answer many questions on the subject in other words, except maybe the most rudimentary questions. [i.e. what color was it?]

Highlights for me were the 8x8 tarp tent and the two-tone 10x11 cat-cut tarp in a nice muted green and also brown silnylon. One panel was green, the other panel brown. Tough to decide which color of sil was cooler. I liked the green (but the brown was cool too).

Aside from the JRB stuff, Oh-No's HUGE (and I'm sure hugely expensive ) cuben fiber tarp was incredible, as was his cuben fiber/bamboo pack. I'll let others comment more on them, but will post the pictures later. Very well done.
    Last edited by NCPatrick; 10-08-2007 at 08:18. Reason: and I mean *very* well done... :)

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    My kids loved it, they talked my wifes ear off while I was showing her what little pics I took. Each time I went to check out the Jack's display I left the camera with my stuff. Oh well, there is always next time.

*snip* Taken care of...

Thanks for the Jacks for the raffle, used the 'beners that night. Felt much safer than using the ones rated for 150lbs...
    Last edited by Iafte; 10-08-2007 at 08:55.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Well, we made it back home yesterday at 4:00pm. 6 hours of Radio Disney almost straight through.
    As father of four, with lots of road miles on family vacations, I know just what you mean. Peace at any price.

I got to try out the much anticipated Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock, and came away impressed with the workmanship and design, although I haven't been as (shall we say) invested in bridge hammock design on hammockforums.net as some.
    you mean obsessed, don't you

Hoping still to make the RRG gathering. If we're both there you can get a personal tutorial on the finer points of bridge design (just kidding, you'll find that in person, as source of conversation I am demand driven).

Looks like you all had a great time. Too bad Pennsylvania is so far away from Illinois...

Grizz
    Last edited by GrizzlyAdams; 10-08-2007 at 08:38.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Hoping still to make the RRG gathering. If we're both there you can get a personal tutorial on the finer points of bridge design (just kidding, you'll find that in person, as source of conversation I am demand driven).

Grizz
    I'll be sure to bring my SUL whiteboard and markers so you can diagram to your hearts content. We can then move on to other interesting subjects, like moving theoretical trees, mass-less rope, etc. Or we can talk about what's next for Miley Cyrus...

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Images
    I also want to thank everyone involved this weekend. I met some great people and had a good time. I now might be more motivated to make it to other hangouts that are more than an hour drive from my house.
    Brian
    PS: NCPatrick I am sorry I "forgot" to get you that bag of cookies out of my car Sunday morning. Don't worry I put them to good use. Tell your wife they were delicious.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I'll tell her, I'm glad you liked them.

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Images
    So sorry we didn't make it down there from the Gathering Saturday night like we'd planned. I just couldn't travel another hour by car that night after trying to keep up with a walking tour of the Battle Field that morning. I basically over extended myself, so we ended up staying put at the campground there.

I was looking forward to seeing y'all too.
    Trail Angel

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dixicritter View Post
    So sorry we didn't make it down there from the Gathering Saturday night like we'd planned. I just couldn't travel another hour by car that night after trying to keep up with a walking tour of the Battle Field that morning. I basically over extended myself, so we ended up staying put at the campground there.

I was looking forward to seeing y'all too.
    Hey DixieCritter...wish I'd known you were in Gettysburg. Oh-No and I drove over to the Gathering on Saturday morning after I dropped the Jacks and Happy Camper off in Harper's Ferry for their hike back to Cramppton Gap, and sat in on some of the workshops. We could have driven you back to the hang with us.
    Michael
    Qpens

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast