Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

oct 26,27,28 mid tn hangout

wow merriwether lewis campground is in the honarble mentions on top camp grounds in americia neo

http://americasbestonline.net/index....campsites.html

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    No offense, Neo, but how many threads about the hangout do there really need to be? I know there are at least 5 so far. Maybe you should just pick and use one of them.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I will try to make it if my schedule allows, but I won't know until the 'week of'.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    No offense, Neo, but how many threads about the hangout do there really need to be? I know there are at least 5 so far. Maybe you should just pick and use one of them.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I will try to make it if my schedule allows, but I won't know until the 'week of'.

wow that would be great if you can make it neo

Hey Neo,will we be having a group meal or meals at the hanging in Oct. at Meriweather Lewis? Trying to start making plans. tnhillbilly

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhillbilly View Post
    Hey Neo,will we be having a group meal or meals at the hanging in Oct. at Meriweather Lewis? Trying to start making plans. tnhillbilly
    actually eveyone brings so much food we all just share what we bring neo

Please excuse my ignorance...but I just ordered an HH and would love to learn from you guys. I've been on the ground for a long time and ready to move to the air. This sounds like a great opportunity to get a lot of info. What's the scoop on this hangout. Is there a cost? Do I need to register? Get a campsite reservation?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by envirodiver View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance...but I just ordered an HH and would love to learn from you guys. I've been on the ground for a long time and ready to move to the air. This sounds like a great opportunity to get a lot of info. What's the scoop on this hangout. Is there a cost? Do I need to register? Get a campsite reservation?

This would be the best place for your first hang. When I first started I wished I could have gotten with a group for the first time. This will let you see how all of the ideas and equipment are put to use, and the different options that are out there. It might be a little cold, which could be a problem, but I think it could be taken care of pretty easily.

Images
    Oh, and since Neo isn't on yet, I will try to answer your questions. Unless I am missing something, it is free and no reservations needed. Just show up with gear and food. It is a free campsite, and we will probably cook our meals individually. That would mean full camping gear. Food, stove, kitchen set, and that kind of stuff.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    wow merriwether lewis campground is in the honarble mentions on top camp grounds in americia neo

http://americasbestonline.net/index....campsites.html
    Number two on the list, Rock Run, is near my home. I've hung there several times this summer. It's part of the 60 mile Loyalsock Trail which begins near Williamsport PA and heads north. It's one of the sweetest sites I've seen. It's right on a creek with pine trees spaced perfectly for hammocking. Best of all...it's free and rarely used.

Miguel

Let me chime in on envirodiver questions as I only live about 30 minutes from this campground. As already stated there is no cost for the campground. There is water and bathrooms at the campground but no showers and no electricity. There will be plenty of trees to hang from. There are a few miles of trails and even more a few minutes drive away. The closest store probably 20 minutes away. Just let us know here on the board your planning on coming. Hope this helps. tnhillbilly

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast