Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    Just checking in to see if everything is still a go.

Really looking forward to this event! We are in the process of buying a house this summer so we have not gotten to hang as much as would like.
    Still on the JRB calendar.... We are planning on being there.

BTW, the second Annual Summer Sale is in effect six JRB quilt models under $200 one in the 150s, tarps and gear hammocks also. Check out the new Hudson River model, three season capability, Full UQ featured, TQ or ground usable also intro priced at $199.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    Just checking in to see if everything is still a go.

Really looking forward to this event! We are in the process of buying a house this summer so we have not gotten to hang as much as would like.
    Yes...we are still on and looking forward to meeting as many people from Hammock Forums as we can.

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Going to try and swing this with my boys.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iafte View Post
    Going to try and swing this with my boys.
    We'd love to have you. I'll post directions as we get closer to the date. Don't know how old your boys are, but there are some interesting Civil War historical sites in several parks fairly close by.

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    6 and 8, well by then it will be 7 and 8.

I have to make a new hammock for my 8 year old and maybe underquilts for both of them but I have plenty of time. Now, if I can just find my wifes sewing machine that she hid on me...

Images

Near Gathering?

Is this near the ALDHA Gathering in Gettysburg the same weekend? I would like to do one of these. Which would you suggest for a relatively new hiker and relatively new hanger?

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    They are less than an hour apart if you decide you'd like to visit both.

Directions from Gettysburg College to Gathland

-Steve

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Just bumping this up again, since other hangouts are also being planned around this time.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Hello All,
    I'm repeating the announcement that Steve and I posted some time ago since we are only about six weeks away from the first MAHHA hang. Many of you have notified us as to your plans to attend, but I thought that those of you who are new, have forgotten or missed the first post might benefit from seeing it again.
    BTW, if we have rainy weather during the day(s) that weekend, there is a large pavilion in the park near the parking lot where we can gather and be out of the elements. As we get closer to the date, I'll ask again who thinks they will be attending so that I'll know how many burgers, hot dogs and veggie burgers to bring.

You are invited to join Redtail (Steve Doxzen) and I (Michael Quitt) at the first Mid-Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association group hang which will take place on the weekend of October 5-7 at the shelter at Crampton Gap on the AT. The shelter is only a 1/2 mile walk from Gathland State Park in Maryland. Besides the shelter, there is a nice size flat area above the shelter with plenty of trees as well as trees below the shelter to hang from. There is a spring and a porta-john there as well, but since we are so close to the park we should be able to use the bathrooms there if anyone chooses to. There is plenty of parking on the North Lot in the park which is the closest to the trail and I've been told by park officials that there is no problem leaving cars there for a couple of nights.
    I'll bring burgers, hot dogs and veggie burgers that we can cook over a fire near the shelter one night. If they will deliver to the park :^) I'll try to get pizza for one of the nights as well, but I know that they won't deliver to the shelter :^).
    We'll provide directions at a later date, but we wanted to let everyone know as soon as we could so that you could mark that weekend in your calendar.
    Please let us know if you plan on attending.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by qpens View Post
    Hello All,
    I'm repeating the announcement that Steve and I posted some time ago since we are only about six weeks away from the first MAHHA hang. Many of you have notified us as to your plans to attend, but I thought that those of you who are new, have forgotten or missed the first post might benefit from seeing it again.
    BTW, if we have rainy weather during the day(s) that weekend, there is a large pavilion in the park near the parking lot where we can gather and be out of the elements. As we get closer to the date, I'll ask again who thinks they will be attending so that I'll know how many burgers, hot dogs and veggie burgers to bring.

You are invited to join Redtail (Steve Doxzen) and I (Michael Quitt) at the first Mid-Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association group hang which will take place on the weekend of October 5-7 at the shelter at Crampton Gap on the AT. The shelter is only a 1/2 mile walk from Gathland State Park in Maryland. Besides the shelter, there is a nice size flat area above the shelter with plenty of trees as well as trees below the shelter to hang from. There is a spring and a porta-john there as well, but since we are so close to the park we should be able to use the bathrooms there if anyone chooses to. There is plenty of parking on the North Lot in the park which is the closest to the trail and I've been told by park officials that there is no problem leaving cars there for a couple of nights.
    I'll bring burgers, hot dogs and veggie burgers that we can cook over a fire near the shelter one night. If they will deliver to the park :^) I'll try to get pizza for one of the nights as well, but I know that they won't deliver to the shelter :^).
    We'll provide directions at a later date, but we wanted to let everyone know as soon as we could so that you could mark that weekend in your calendar.
    Please let us know if you plan on attending.
    qpens, et al,

Jacks 'R" Better will be there.... Will bring lots of quilts gear to demo. If any of you want us to bring items for purchase please send us your wish list by PM so we can load, it as space will probably be limited.

Pan
    Last edited by Peter_pan; 08-22-2007 at 15:44.
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast