Chameleon,Yukon double
    Tarp
    DIY RSBTR Winter
    Insulation
    mix of Hg & DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Costco throw temps

So, I finally got a chance to use my Costco down throws this past weekend on a campout with the Boy Scouts. Best part was probably the 20 something boys and 7 adults stayed in a cabin and I stayed outside in my hammock about 50 yards away.
    So, for my underquilt I used my DIY 6oz Apex made from the MYOG underquilt kit. For my top quilt I layered two of the down throws. For the outer tq I used my quilt that altered following the imgur file that's been kicking around here. For the second layer quilt, I have channels sewn around the perimeter, velcro on the bottom third to make a footbox, and I pulled seams in opposite directions on the two quilts to minimize any cold spots. The second tq has the channels so in the summer I can use it as an UQ.
    Well, Friday night temps hit 36*F and on Saturday night they hit 34*F. I was wearing a pair of socks, a pair of fleece pants with no baselayer, and an EMS heavy long sleeve shirt, don't know what its made of. Well all I can say I was nice and warm the whole night, and with possibly a base layer I think I could easily make it down into the low '20's.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Good info. I recently bought one from another member and had them make it into an UQ for me and add a little extra down from an old jacket they had. Its on its way now and I was planning on trying it out this weekend. I'll post my results also. Thanks!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts