Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Images

My DIY this weekend

So this may be my last 3 day weekend as I may be being moved from a 9/80 work-schedule to a 5/40 schedule. No more every other Friday off. This will put a little damper on my DIY projects if so.

In the mean time This off Friday I was able to complete my ramshackle BBB down throw under quilt. Previously I had ripped the 50" seams from 3 different throws. Cut one throw in half to make 2 50" x 30" throws. Sewed 2 of the rows together on one of the 50x30 pieces. I then sewed one end of this in the middle of one of the complete throws, with the rows in a 90* offset with the doubled up row near the head end to creat a baffle effect.

This Friday I was able to tack the corners of the inner 50x30 piece so all 4 corners were held in place. Sew on a 7/8" piece of grosgain at the head and foot of the UQ to create channels for gathering the ends. I then sewed loops of 1/2" grosgrain along the 60" edges to create attachment points for my suspension which is a 18' piece of shock cord. I will be adding cord locks along the shock cord to make adjustments on the suspension. It is designed similar to the suspension suggestions by a Sargevining youtube video for the OV underquilt suspension. I think I am going to have to go back and add loops to the 4 corners though. This should be quick and easy.

I then cut up an outback mossy net for use as material for my tarp snake skins. Man this stuff if a pain on my sewing machine. It kept getting sucked down into the feed mechanism when trying to create lock stitches. I am going to have to try a suggestion I saw elsewhere on here about using paper under your sewing when I make my bug net. anyway the completed skins were not the prettiest I've seen but they function. I'll work on looks in my next set.

My last project this weekend was to create 2 soft shackles. I used the "better (Edwards) soft shackle" on the animated knots website. These were reasonably easy for me to make and have more than enough of a strength rating for my liking.

All in all my sewing skills are improving. My hesitation to start projects due to lack of perfection has dissipated, and my confidence in my projects functionality is good even if my confidence in aesthetics isn't.

So I feel like a I accomplished a bit. If I get time I will come back and post PIX but no promises. I'm not always that organized and a bit scatterbrained at times.

Thanks to everybody here for the inspirations, ideas, and support. I really do love this place. Even if I lurk more than post.
    Lucky me, lucky mud. - Kurt Vonnegut.

Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    Pics??? Gotta post pics can just talk about it.
    Crayons - they might look different, but they all taste the same

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I feel robbed - clicked DIY thread and no pics?!

Scoff!

That was your first strike - 2 strikes and you are out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    DIY 10' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Images
    DSC_0006.jpgDSC_0005.jpgDSC_0003.jpg Okay so here they finally are. Pics.
    Lucky me, lucky mud. - Kurt Vonnegut.

• + New Posts