Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies

Next DIY project?

I took the plunge two weeks back and ordered up my first 11' hammock kit from RBTR. Got it in, stated at it with great trepidation, then around 1am the following week I got brave enough to cut and make the hammock. Results? Much happier than I thought I would be. Great stitching, etc. Especially as it was 5am when I finished. Lol

Along the way I made a pair of ridgeline bags to try and ordered up the Dutch adjustable ridgeline which I will try today. With that later order came the amsteel and Whoopie hooks so I built that part Fri night. Thank you to all the pics and videos! It was easy!

Last night I used the plans to make an underquilt protector/wind block out of the membrane15 (rbtr again) and the stitching? Mild bunching? Yeah, this wasn't pretty like the hammock. It was suggested I should have used a smaller needle/thread than the 80/11 and Mara70 that came with the kit. I know for next time.

So now I have hammock, a new incubator20 awaiting its maiden camp, a western mountaineering Alpinelite 20 down bag for the top, the underquilt protector, etc.

I'm thinking the next project is the pre-cut 12' winter tarp kit from RBTR. My vertex isn't big enough to really enclose how I want (Velcro both ends tight leaving zero floor space) and while I want the Superfly this is about half price and apparently a foot longer. I have the Kelty Noah 12 but that puppy is half my backpack.

Any other suggestions?

I'm currently playing with the spare fabrics to make lots of little bags and debating sewing soft Velcro at strategic points so I can have them at the head, feet, side when I want them.
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Making a tarp is great fun. I recorded my tarp antics if you want to see how I constructed mine, though there are many ways to do each of the different parts.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Y8vqloZivnP0IX

Go forth and conquer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Tarp FTW!

As an alternative for your consideration, buy two (2) Wide Asym Tarp Kits and some grosgrain ribbon from MakeYourGear.com and make a no-cut 12-foot rectangular winter tarp out of Xenon Wide. Make the ridge line 144" long and position four of the ten side tie-outs 36" from the corners so it will be full-enclosure (i.e., stakes at the corners and every 36" in between). If you really want to get fancy, scallop the edges with the same 36" X 3" cat-cut and/or add grosgrain pole pockets and a pair of 11-section .344" poles (13" sections) for a double internal pole mod. Spacious, lightweight, and versatile for four seasons.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Got pics of that , Kitsap? I see some of the stove tents/hot tents and think "hey, nice and roomy, put my camp chair in there to hold the gear, set up the hammock, get the TiGoat cup stove and stay backpacking while blending hits of glamping. Lol
    _____

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    It would be a simplified version of my DIY Xenon Wide winter tarp -- 12-foot RL instead of 11, no cuts, extra tie outs in the middle...

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Interesting idea. I could always get the 12c tarp kit, get an extra rectangular piece, sew it in the middle and add a bit of extra material for the doors. Hmm.
    Wait, I could park the bike under it with me! Hmmm!
    _____

• + New Posts