Hammock
    Grand Trunk - SBP
    Tarp
    PahaQue Wilderness
    Insulation
    SnugPak UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy chain straps
    So I see the Twisted Root UQ is back on woot...definite no go? Even if coupled with the Therm-a-rest ridgerest classic pad and a 45 degree bag on top? I won't be hanging in freezing weather, but I guess due to the fact I won't be hanging in freezing weather I should just stick with the pad and bag and save for a high quality UQ for cold cold weather
    Cars, Guns, and Hiking are all I need
    Blue Lives Matter

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    Arrowhead Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by brian60 View Post
    So I see the Twisted Root UQ is back on woot...definite no go? Even if coupled with the Therm-a-rest ridgerest classic pad and a 45 degree bag on top? I won't be hanging in freezing weather, but I guess due to the fact I won't be hanging in freezing weather I should just stick with the pad and bag and save for a high quality UQ for cold cold weather
    If you are using a pad, I don't see a need to also use the underquilt. I recommend saving up for something like the jarbridge witch runs about $100.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk - SBP
    Tarp
    PahaQue Wilderness
    Insulation
    SnugPak UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy chain straps
    Quote Originally Posted by xsforis View Post
    If you are using a pad, I don't see a need to also use the underquilt. I recommend saving up for something like the jarbridge witch runs about $100.
    Sounds like a plan, I'll just save the money now for later when it's more needed. Thanks.
    Blue Lives Matter

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mac-Gear / HG / LL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by brian60 View Post
    Agree with xsforis if you are already using a pad. I bought two, and still bought a third, better, UQ for the cooler temps. Have not hung in freezing temps either, but in the upper 30s with a pad plus a poncho around the UQ for added protection. My experience is you will need to add something more underneath if you get below 45*. If 45 is the lowest you ever want to go, and you're about 5' tall or you don't sleep on a diagonal, it could work for you. These are designed for the 10' Twisted Root hammock, too, by the way. So if your hammock is longer than 10', that could be a problem.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk - SBP
    Tarp
    PahaQue Wilderness
    Insulation
    SnugPak UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy chain straps
    Quote Originally Posted by rick417 View Post
    Agree with xsforis if you are already using a pad. I bought two, and still bought a third, better, UQ for the cooler temps. Have not hung in freezing temps either, but in the upper 30s with a pad plus a poncho around the UQ for added protection. My experience is you will need to add something more underneath if you get below 45*. If 45 is the lowest you ever want to go, and you're about 5' tall or you don't sleep on a diagonal, it could work for you. These are designed for the 10' Twisted Root hammock, too, by the way. So if your hammock is longer than 10', that could be a problem.
    I'm 6' 1" and just got a Skeeter Beeter Pro which is over 10' so sounds like it's good I didn't order! Thanks!
    Blue Lives Matter

I bought 3 of these and after using it inside for about 5 days I cant imagine it being worth the weight for anything but a true florida summer. it will work well for me and my grandsons for summer and indoors but if it may get down in the 60's i'll pack my Costco diy UQ.

if you live were summer nights don't fall below 70 and don't want to make your own this isn't bad for 25 bucks other than that I would not recommend it at all, why carry more than one under insulation just use one piece that works imho.

creek

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123