Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook

Byer of Main Moskito Kako on Hammock

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/byer-of...referer=ZP7C2X

Has anyone tried this hammock? The add says it now 8" longer but it still comes in at only 116". Might be a good child hammock but I would think it is too short to be comfortable for an adult over 5'.

Thoughts?
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

I'm getting one for my Boy Scout. I am concerned about the length for me, but I have been very happy with all the Byer of Maine stuff that I have bought over the years (mostly cots).

Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by WV_Guy View Post
    I'm getting one for my Boy Scout. I am concerned about the length for me, but I have been very happy with all the Byer of Maine stuff that I have bought over the years (mostly cots).
    I think this will make a great scout hammock. They can learn and grow into hammocking without a huge investment. Besides most kids that age don't notice all the issues we adults have with a smaller sized hammock.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I have one of the older versions and it hasn't left my gear closet in four years. It was short, stretchy, and the separate suspension for the bugnet was a pain. It appears they still have a separate suspension for the bugnet, have added spreader bars, and made it a little longer. While longer is good, I still think the separate bugnet suspension is not good - same for the spreader bars. My sons were able to wreck the bugnets on their Byer Moskito hammocks quickly, and I would expect they could quickly do the same with this newer design.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 11
    Insulation
    DIY BBB UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I bought one before Christmas to try out a hammock for the first time. I"m 6' 180, slender to skinny depending on who you ask. I just fit. I can side sleep comfortably but if I try to stretch out straight it is shall we say "taught". I will be happier with a full 10' or 11' Hammock I'm sure but not ready to spend real $$ yet

I got one from Massdrop last year and tried it twice. Both times I slept well. I'm about 5'10" and it felt fine. I was comfortable enough that even though I woke up a few times when I shifted off my pad, I kept falling back to sleep before I had completely fixed my insulation problem. I wouldn't call it luxurious, but adequately roomy for me. And it's fairly lightweight. Not bad for about $45.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that the little removable spreader bars for the netting had endcaps that weren't glued on. So I glued them.

Hammock
    Moskito Kakoon
    Tarp
    theBlueStone 10x10
    Insulation
    Synthetic
    Suspension
    Micro Straps
    Hammock-n-Tarp - 20170317.jpg

I'm 5'8" at 210 lbs. - used the hammock for the first time this weekend (nights of March 17 - 18) - very comfortable - slept through the entire night once I inserted the Therm-A-Rest ProLite sleeping pad inside an Ozart Trail Fleece Sleeping Bag for use as the bottom barrier (to prevent cold bottom discomfort in the low 30s temperature) - the Micro Straps allowed for full customizable height adjustment so I could to get into, and out of, the hammock as physically possible - tarp is a TheBlueStone 10x10 tarp - pleased with my low cost purchases, especially since I'm new to this type of outdoor experience.

• + New Posts