Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    I'm on the fence as well. Sure wish someone had slept in both and could give a comparison. Im '6'2'', 180 and could go either way but at age 64 comfort becomes an issue. Hope Dutch adds more colors, like black and dark olive

Hammock
    1.7SL WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix07 View Post
    Curious. Were you able to tell a difference between the HH and WBBB with only 4" extra? I know they are different but the are both GE hammocks.
    The XLC was definitely more comfortable for me. It felt luxurious the first time I laid in one compared to the Hennessy (thanks Out&Back!). But I don't know how much is due to the wider body, as opposed to the lighter, stretchier fabric.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Isn't HH significantly shorter also? That'll also have an impact on the lay

Quote Originally Posted by HalfAsleep View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just wondered when you should go wide on the Chameleon? I have a HH Explorer Deluxe and am just over 6'2" (190cm).
    I find that I can almost get comfortable in the HH, but there is no room to go on or any leeway to adjust my lay much. I also get a little bit of shoulder squeeze and extended knee joint.

Would the Wide version be a better option, or is the Chameleon standard model more roomy than the HH to begin with? What would be the advice here on the forum?

I live in Norway, so it is very hard for me to try out hammocks in advance, which is why I am extra careful about my choice.

Chris
    I think you'll be perfectly comfortable in the standard width. The Explorer is significantly shorter IIRC, and length is a much bigger factor for comfort than width IMO.
    There is a facebook group called "Vi som trives i hengekøye" for norwegian hammockers, maybe someone there has an 11' hammock in hexon you could try. The lay should be comparable to the chameleon. If you can't find any, I have a 10.5' halfwit you can try.

Hammock
    WB XLC, Dutch Netless, HH Exp mod,
    Tarp
    HG WP3, WBSF, HHex
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles
    Images
    Wonder how the standard UQ is going to pair with the wide Chameleon? Laying too much on the diagonal often creates air gaps in the UQ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    Okay I measured the WB XLC and a 11' halfwit with the WB XLC 64" wide and the halfwit 56" inches and I am comfortable in both. However, after setting them up again and looking at how flat I lay I find that the WB XLC is much flatter, I am 6'1". However, with that said I would think that for $15 I would get the 70" as I do have a issue with my feet being on the edge and I have found that my TQ runs off sometimes. In the WB XLC the netting helps hold it in the TQ and therefore with his new hammock having the 70" wide and option of netting top cover is the best of both worlds.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Msc
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetles
    Great feedback!

Hammock
    1.7SL WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Latt View Post
    Isn't HH significantly shorter also? That'll also have an impact on the lay
    Hi Latt,

Both the HH Explorer Deluxe and the WBBB XLC are 11-footers.

Hammock
    WBRR,Dutch 11' -wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly, SLD WiH
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix, pads
    Suspension
    web various cinch
    Images
    If I sleep half as good in the chameleon as the WBBB xlc I'll be pleased. I have trouble waking up!
    Always looking for the greener fields or woods.

How much will I miss the shelf? That may be a thing, but I'll make saddle bags or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoefor2 View Post
    Okay I measured the WB XLC and a 11' halfwit with the WB XLC 64" wide and the halfwit 56" inches and I am comfortable in both. However, after setting them up again and looking at how flat I lay I find that the WB XLC is much flatter, I am 6'1". However, with that said I would think that for $15 I would get the 70" as I do have a issue with my feet being on the edge and I have found that my TQ runs off sometimes. In the WB XLC the netting helps hold it in the TQ and therefore with his new hammock having the 70" wide and option of netting top cover is the best of both worlds.
    This is a reason I got a wide hammock in the first place (clearance Chinese hammock from Dutch) as a first hammock because I've laid in normal width hammocks and my TQ always falls out. I found using the ENO Junglenest with the bug net, it holds all TQ inside and I'm comfortable. This is why I opted for the regular size Chameleon. I'm 5'6" by the way, rather short. What I lack in height I make up for in width, believe me

Steve

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast