Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Got my Warbonnet hammock today

I got my Warbonnet today in the mail. I did not have time to give it a full testing. I did however set it up real quick and lay in it. I really think this has a flatter lay then the HH. I will try it out this weekend and give a better report.

Here are as few pros and cons that I noticed, there are more pros then cons so far.

I did not get the tarp that comes with it because I already have a MacCat tarp, so I can not do a report on the tarp.

You do not seem to get as much screening to look out of as a HH has, but it is a different hammock style too. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of screening though.

There is no ridge line, but it hangs easy and I hung it perfect the first time.

I am concerned about the hanging cord on each end of the hammock. It is thin but it seems to hold me. I will switch that out with a buckle system later. It is very easy to switch out unlike a HH cord where you have to disassemble the hammock to change it this it very simple and easy job, a child could do it.

It has a side pocket and I like the way it packs into its own pocket.

I like how you can tie out one end of the screening separately (at entry point) like you would an end of a tarp. You can reach the outside of the hammock through the entry point and access anything near you side of your hammock unlike the HH where you can not do this.

I am wondering how well the zipper will hold out on a thru hike or after a few extended long hikes. Right now it looks like it would.
    Love the top level entry so far.

This has the feel of a HH or any flat laying hammock but it totally different then a HH (my opinion).

I am hoping to have the day off from work tomorrow and if I do then I will try it out. If not then I will try it out Saturday when I head out to do trail maintenance.

pics, dude

Does he sell the tarp separately?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by funbun View Post
    pics, dude

I don't know if he sells the tarp separately. I know you can order it without the tarp so I am sure he would sell it separately.

Like I said I set it up and took it right back down so I did not have time for pictures. I will take some pictures either tomorrow or this weekend when I get to actually use it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by funbun View Post
    Yep!

Glad you got your's attroll. Yeah, the cut of the hammock does kind of limit the views. I'm in total agreement on the comfort vs. the HH. I'm not sure how to describe it, but in the HH you can feel the hammock supporting you and in the warbonnet I get more of that "floating" feeling. Don't have a clue why, but I'm diggin it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    but in the HH you can feel the hammock supporting you and in the warbonnet I get more of that "floating" feeling. Don't have a clue why, but I'm diggin it!
    Thinner support lines? Since my switch to 3500 lbs polyester webbing that the hammock feels less "floaty" and more sturdy.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    That's great attroll. What was the price of the hammock?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    that got to maine pretty quick. priority mail rocks.
    those lines are 3mm vectrus 12 by yale with a 2000 lbs. tensile strength.
    yes you can buy the hammock and the tarp seperate or together. i think i will offer a slight deal if you get the combo. right now the price is 225 for the combo or 140 hammock 95 for tarp. website will be up soon...Brandon

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I got my Warbonnet today in the mail. I did not have time to give it a full testing. I did however set it up real quick and lay in it. I really think this has a flatter lay then the HH. I will try it out this weekend and give a better report.

Here are as few pros and cons that I noticed, there are more pros then cons so far.

I did not get the tarp that comes with it because I already have a MacCat tarp, so I can not do a report on the tarp.

You do not seem to get as much screening to look out of as a HH has, but it is a different hammock style too. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of screening though.

There is no ridge line, but it hangs easy and I hung it perfect the first time.

I am concerned about the hanging cord on each end of the hammock. It is thin but it seems to hold me. I will switch that out with a buckle system later. It is very easy to switch out unlike a HH cord where you have to disassemble the hammock to change it this it very simple and easy job, a child could do it.

It has a side pocket and I like the way it packs into its own pocket.

I like how you can tie out one end of the screening separately (at entry point) like you would an end of a tarp. You can reach the outside of the hammock through the entry point and access anything near you side of your hammock unlike the HH where you can not do this.

I am wondering how well the zipper will hold out on a thru hike or after a few extended long hikes. Right now it looks like it would.
    Love the top level entry so far.

This has the feel of a HH or any flat laying hammock but it totally different then a HH (my opinion).

I am hoping to have the day off from work tomorrow and if I do then I will try it out. If not then I will try it out Saturday when I head out to do trail maintenance.

No need to disassemble the hennessy cord to change to the buckle system. Cut off rope/spectra at about 2 feet and tie to rings.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Brandon,

Since I already own a Speer Snugfit and a couple of JRB under quilts I have to ask: Have you tried either of these quilts on your hammock? Will they work?

I have been thinking about buying one of your hammocks in the future, but the ability or inability to use my current bottom insulation will greatly influence my decision.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    a couple jrb's and a snug fit? you should just buy one of my quilts too. the jacks told me they thought it would work with some simple modification, but i don't think its been tried yet...Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Brandon,

Since I already own a Speer Snugfit and a couple of JRB under quilts I have to ask: Have you tried either of these quilts on your hammock? Will they work?

I have been thinking about buying one of your hammocks in the future, but the ability or inability to use my current bottom insulation will greatly influence my decision.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast