Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeRyan View Post
    last thing- I'm getting married on august 11th so if anyone has any words of wisdom for me i'd love to hear them. (example: TURN AND RUN!!!!)

soooo.... thats me! Nice to meet all of you.
    Congrats! Be sure to be EVERYTHING out on the table. Be sure she knows your deepest darkest secrets, and be sure that you know hers. If you can live with each other knowing this, then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by funbun View Post
    Congrats! Be sure to be EVERYTHING out on the table. Be sure she knows your deepest darkest secrets, and be sure that you know hers. If you can live with each other knowing this, then go for it.
    i think we know as much about each other as two people can. we started dating when we were 14 or 15 (sophmores in highschool) and dated for several years. we broke up but remained friends and dated other people for a while but we got back together 2.5 years ago. we have lived together for a little over 2 years, and although we occasionally fight about normal couple things (money, chores, who gets to control the remonster [remote]) overall we get along pretty well.

we are lucky that both sets of parents are still happily married and are supportive of our relationship.

I'm trying to get her into doing some outdoor activites but she is scared of the outdoors (bugs, snakes, bears, etc.) She is slowly warming up to it and i think if i start doing stuff outdoors more, she'll start doing it too if for no other reason than to spend more time with me.

slowhike- there is a great forum for edible landscapes over at GardenWeb linky

Anderz- I'll assume you figured it out but S.O. = Significant Other

Cannibal- we are having "dirt cake" (crushed oreos, pudding, cream cheese, cool whip, w/ gummy worms) as the "grooms cake" so maybe that will ward off the bad ju-ju.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. ~George Smith Patton

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    we are having "dirt cake" (crushed oreos, pudding, cream cheese, cool whip, w/ gummy worms) as the "grooms cake" so maybe that will ward off the bad ju-ju.
    I like it! Hope it works for you. At least you know you'll never have to sleep on the couch...as long as you have a place to hang.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    we are having "dirt cake" (crushed oreos, pudding, cream cheese, cool whip, w/ gummy worms) as the "grooms cake" so maybe that will ward off the bad ju-ju.
    Dang. That sounds pretty good except for the gummi worms.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Dang. That sounds pretty good except for the gummi worms.
    I had one for a birthday party once. It's pretty good. I just tossed out the gummies though.

I'll assume you figured it out but S.O. = Significant Other
    Yes, and S.W.M.B.O. = She Who Must Be Obeyed...

Just joking - enjoy!!
    He who sits alone, sleeps alone, and walks alone, who is strenuous and subdues himself alone, will find delight in the solitude of the forest.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Welcome Ryan. And congrats on your forthcoming. My wife did all the 'yuckies' (eg. fishing, canoeing) just to impress me so Id pop the q. She wont do the outdoor thing much now. So now we constantly take issue for time together vs. her thing (shopping) and my thing (backpacking). Anybody else have that prob? Could use a little support here. Soo.. anyways, hope ya'll understand each other from the beginning. When you get time, Id like to know how to eat wild foods in the winter time in the Appalachians. Not much info on it. Maybe there isnt a way. Just curious.

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    Welcome Ryan. And congrats on your forthcoming. My wife did all the 'yuckies' (eg. fishing, canoeing) just to impress me so Id pop the q. She wont do the outdoor thing much now. So now we constantly take issue for time together vs. her thing (shopping) and my thing (backpacking). Anybody else have that prob? Could use a little support here. Soo.. anyways, hope ya'll understand each other from the beginning. When you get time, Id like to know how to eat wild foods in the winter time in the Appalachians. Not much info on it. Maybe there isnt a way. Just curious.
    I have that problem...er, situation. Before we got married I even had her crawling through muddy caves, not a chance now. She has done some short 3-4 hour day hikes but her hip hurts too much to do much now. I tried to make (teach) her how to water ski during our early years and she over stretched her hip joint. Arthur is setting into the joint and it's pretty painful for her to do much hiking and walking.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    Id like to know how to eat wild foods in the winter time in the Appalachians. Not much info on it. Maybe there isnt a way. Just curious.
    i would guess that it would be slim pickins. your best bet would be to dig & turn logs for insects... at least that's what the experts say<g>.
    they say you'll get far more energy in return for your effort w/ insects rather than gathering plants.
    i keep thinking i'll try that some day... just haven't got around to it
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoikurt View Post
    I have that problem...er, situation. Before we got married I even had her crawling through muddy caves, not a chance now. ...............

Same here. My wife went on many a backpacking trip with me pre-marriage. I don't think there has been one since, though she will car camp. This appears to be common place feminine wiles (sp?). The Michelles of the world are rarities. Not non-existant, but rare!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast