View Poll Results: What is your first impression of this product?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just buy a bed!

0 0%
  • That is going to looking amazing with your hardwood floors!

7 70.00%
  • I want one for myself.

3 30.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by No-sage View Post
    Always better to ask forgiveness than permission.
    Yeah I did that with my eno wall mounts. I can get away with it for a few night a month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarp
    HG hex 1 grizzbeak
    Insulation
    EE Rev30
    Images
    I'm lucky my porch is about 15 feet long and 7 ft above the windows. Makes for perfect sleeping except when it gets below 35. In need of 0 UQ.
    In the shadows

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Runner View Post
    It's plenty long enough for a 10", 11' or even a 12' hammock. I'd be more worried about the height. It needs to be a minimum of 5' tall. 6' would be better.
    That particular model is 12' x 4' x 4' tall. Now, that it has been brought up I think you are correct, taller would be better. There is another branded model very similar with a height of 55" which would be much better. Unfortunately, it is twice the cost too.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgzy View Post
    I have been full time for almost three years. My first thought is, do you really want that beautiful (but large) piece of furniture in your chosen room full time? Has attaching from the walls been considered? My second thought, is that something I would want to fall on to? In three years I have been dumped a couple of times, equipment and coordination sometimes fail. I keep a standard blue pad under my hammock, "just in case." My apologies, I don't intend to sound negative. Good luck with the transition, I (and my back) love being full time.
    Yes, this is my version of buying a new mattress. I don't have anyone to share the bed with unless we speak of my infant daughter, and she already has a new bed. Besides I just got a nice two piece sectional from the same website that converts into a queen bed; for guests.

I'm not much worried about falling. I've only had it happen a few times in all my hanging; and those were in the beginning. Now that I have more confidence and technique I toss, turn, tumble, and roll all over when I'm hanging and often times forget there is even a risk of falling. Do, you think monkeys worry about falling out of trees as they brachiate?

Thank you all for your input,

I really want this to be a nice piece of furniture as much as functional sleeping arrangement. That is why I'm steering away from the metal stands, and I'm just not sure that the walls are sturdy enough; she is an old house. It is looking like I will have to drop the extra coin on the taller stand and hope for the best. Worst case scenario I have to pay return shipping.

Thanks again,
    When it get's here I'll get pics: or it didn't happen.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    http://www.houzz.com/photos/36757490...nd-accessories
    What about this one? Taller and longer AND less expensive!

How tall are the walls? I would have no problem attaching to the wall if they are 8ft ceilings. At 6ft that puts most the pull 2ft from the ceiling and that is super strong. If it is a long room you could go even higher. The higher your bolts the stronger it will be. If you are really worried about it not being strong enough get a 2x4 and cut it at 34 inches. That will allow you to tie into 3 studs. Get some 3 or 3.5" screws and put one screw in each stud. There is now way that is going anywhere. When you want to take it down you will only have 3 small holes on each wall.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I hang on a DIY pipe rack that spans only 10'6". I can easily hang a 10 foot hammock, such as a blackbird. I have hung a bridge hammock also, but that was pretty tight as the entire hammock, including suspension triangle, was right at that 10' 6".

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    http://www.houzz.com/photos/36757490...nd-accessories
    What about this one? Taller and longer AND less expensive!
    That one is still meant for a bridge hammock and it far too long for the room.

Room dimensions are 12'2" x 10'5"

The "La Siesta Double Hammock Stand" I posted is made for a gathered end hammock and measures (according to manufactures website) 12'5"W x 4'11"T. So I would still have to rotate the stand slightly to fit it in the room, and I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by onesojourner View Post
    How tall are the walls? I would have no problem attaching to the wall if they are 8ft ceilings. At 6ft that puts most the pull 2ft from the ceiling and that is super strong. If it is a long room you could go even higher. The higher your bolts the stronger it will be. If you are really worried about it not being strong enough get a 2x4 and cut it at 34 inches. That will allow you to tie into 3 studs. Get some 3 or 3.5" screws and put one screw in each stud. There is now way that is going anywhere. When you want to take it down you will only have 3 small holes on each wall.
    I had thought that something like this might be do-able. The ceilings are 8' and the use of a 2"x4" to distribute the force over a larger area sounds like a good idea, but how does it work in practice? I'm a pretty big guy and certainly have my concerns about causing major damage to the house. I would want to use 3.5" lag screws with washers, instead of simple drywall screws, on either end and a forged 3.5" eye screw in the middle stud. This is certainly the cheapest route. However, what would be my first sign of failure; cracks in the sheet rock?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12