incubator on hennessy

hi guys. I'm looking at picking up a econ incubator for my hennessy zip. this will be my first quilt. my question is, does the incubator have loops for the side tie-outs? or could they be added? i know i could just not use the tie-outs, but i like the roomy feel they give.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Looking at the photos on their website, it looks like the Incubator has 3 loops per side. I would assume those could be used for tie-outs

With the HH that l used l went with a Potomac under quilt, Paul at arrow head equipment makes them, the Potomac quilt is cut out for HH asym im pretty sure and the outs line up perfectly, l have also used the Potomac with other Hammocks without using tie outs and it works fine.

I have a short incubater that I use with my HH expedition zip. I don't use the pull outs with the underquilt. I used them when I was using a pad in it and having it stretched open when you were inside was nice but, honestly I don't miss pulling it out to have the warmth of an underquilt. In winter, I don't even zip up the hammock, I unzip it and let it just be open. I haven't used it this way in summer yet but I may modify a costco blanket work stretched out in this manner.

Hammock
    HH Explorer zip / LSoH WE
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HHSS/JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Mule tape/Webbing
    don't worry about the pullouts, they could cause gaps and make for a cold night. Get a good 30 deg hang and you'll have plenty of room in there without them

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    When I had my HH and winter nest I tried using the tie outs but it definitely pulls the quilt out and allows cold air in as mentioned above. Pan even recommend not using the tie outs for the same reason. The incubator does have 3 small triangles down each side to aid in pulling it up with cord over the ridge line if needed if I remember correctly. Not sure if they would line up with the tie outs on a HH perfectly, but it would proly be close. All depends on which size HH and length of the UQ I guess. I got rid of my HH and winter nest right before I got my 0° Incubator. I'm sure Adam and the staff at HG would work with you to customize your quilt if you wanted to use the tie outs with the UQ. Give them a call and see. They made my Burrow a custom length for no extra charge....
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts