Warbonnet Traveler XL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle

My thoughts on the Warbonnet Wooki

I've tried hammock camping a few times. I've gone back to the ground because of reasons like not being able to get comfortable or having a cold backside. I actually told my wife to not let me get back into hammock camping ever again. But then I saw the Wooki and I had to give it one more try. I love sleeping up off the ground under a tarp with a nice view.

What attracted me to the Wooki was people's claims that I wouldn't have a cold backside and there wouldn't be any fiddlying with suspension. I have to say after one night that these claims are true, you just hook it up and its set. I didn't have any problems with it migrating at all.

Here's what I really like. When I first got into a hammock, I loved the open feel of it. I could look around freely. I do prefer a netless hammock which is why I now use the Warbonnet Traveler XL. In the past when I got a typical underquilt with bungie suspension and hooked it up, all of the this openness went away. The suspension had to be tight enough that it would hold to my backside which meant that the bungies would be up over my face impeding my view and/ or hitting me in the face. An underquilt ruined the experience...until now. The Wooki just hangs perfectly under the hammock and you can't even tell it's there. I love it and can't recommend it enough.
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...there is no someday.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Congats on liking the Wooki. If you want the same no fuss in a flatter lay you should try the Ridgerunner as the concept is the same where the under quilt clips at the 4 corners of the hammock and your done. The RR offers the best view out of any hammock and the comfort level is outstanding as well.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Good to know! I have a wookie on the way.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler XL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Congats on liking the Wooki. If you want the same no fuss in a flatter lay you should try the Ridgerunner as the concept is the same where the under quilt clips at the 4 corners of the hammock and your done. The RR offers the best view out of any hammock and the comfort level is outstanding as well.
    I had the ridgerunner and didn't like it. I didn't like packing the spreader bars, too bulky. I also didn't like the feeling of falling out of it. I used a 3/4 lynx underquilt and also got cold knees from it. Just not my thing.
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...there is no someday.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ky chris View Post
    I had the ridgerunner and didn't like it. I didn't like packing the spreader bars, too bulky. I also didn't like the feeling of falling out of it. I used a 3/4 lynx underquilt and also got cold knees from it. Just not my thing.
    You know what they say, HYOH. I've logged many nights in my RR and never once felt I was going to fall out but hey that's what keeps the vendors in business.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I absolutely love the idea that if you got 100 hammock guys together, you would have 100 unique setups

even more so, if you have 100 guys unlimited free items, you'd still end with 100 different setups

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Housefly, Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Just got my XL Wooki 0 the other day. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but am very excited to try. Thanks for the words.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    The wookie is the best piece of hammock kit I've ever purchased. Period.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    This whole post should probably go in the vendor reviews section but I'll add my LOVE for my Wooki 20 degree!!! I just woke up yesterday morning at 6am and it was 16 degrees and I was toasty warm with my Wooki and a 0 degree top quilt! I felt the faintest cool feeling at around 4am, but that's the only time I woke up and I never got cold. If it had been breezy, I would have gotten chilled I think unless I had used the tarp with doors to cut the wind. I am SUPER impressed with the Wooki! I might have to get another one for my wife if she doesn't like using a pad in between the layers of her BB this summer. It is always important to make sure your spouse is warm and happy while outdoors!
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Top and Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I also bought a 0 degree Wooki which I finally got to use over the weekend. It only got down to the high 40s but I took it anyway to try out knowing it would probably be too warm. I burnt up. Figured out how to pull it to one side to regulate the temp a little so I was able to sleep. I can tell I am going to be very happy with it in cold weather. But I just wanted to share the boo-boo I made after getting up in the middle of the night to relieve myself. When I sat back down I did not have the hammock all the way under me so I slid directly into the wooki. Needless to say I felt a snap and ended up on the ground with the wooki. I figured the snap I felt was the rubber band breaking and of course I left the spare at home. I was surprised to find the band was just fine. It had actually snapped the biner that hooks to the band in half. I had an extra small biner so problem solved. But now I have a lot of faith in that band although I think I will still add the spare to my repair kit.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast