Hennessy Explorer Ultralite
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing

Another one from Georgia

Greetings, been reading the forum for the past few months and decided to join. I live outside of the Atlanta area (northeast side) and have been hanging for about 2-1/2 years. Own a Hennessy and just ordered a MacCat Ultra tarp after a lot of research including reading info on this site. I was in Scouts when I was young (I'm an Eagle Scout) so I've enjoyed camping for a long time. Got back into Scouts when my son got old enough and now he's on his way to earning his Eagle as well.

Never liked sleeping on the ground for all the obvious reasons so when a friend showed me his Hennessy I had to have one. Been hanging ever since and find it hard to go back to the ground.

Enjoyed the forum so far. A lot of knowledge base here. Looking forward to being a part.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Hi Indy576. Welcome to the forums. Lots of people involved with scouting here. My son just had his Eagle ceremony on Jan. 1. Needless to so, we are so proud. And today I got invited to bring my hammock to the winter campout next week to show the scouts how it's done in the winter.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Welcome to the Forum former lurker.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Ultralite
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Hi Indy576. Welcome to the forums. Lots of people involved with scouting here. My son just had his Eagle ceremony on Jan. 1. Needless to so, we are so proud. And today I got invited to bring my hammock to the winter campout next week to show the scouts how it's done in the winter.
    Congratulations to Son as well as parents. There's a reason there's a parent pin . My son lacks his project and then we'll let him coast for awhile unless he wants to work on Palms. He's still got a few more years before aging out.

Used my hammock at Yule Log at Rainey Mtn in Dec. Had a lot of adults come by to look at the set up. May have a few more converts in the wing. Got a backpacking trip this weekend. Who knows it may convert some more when the rain comes in and I'm high and dry and they're watching the rain flow through the tent.

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Welcome to unlurkdom!

Waving hello at ya from up in NE GA.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy576 View Post
    Greetings, been reading the forum for the past few months and decided to join. I live outside of the Atlanta area (northeast side) and have been hanging for about 2-1/2 years. Own a Hennessy and just ordered a MacCat Ultra tarp after a lot of research including reading info on this site. I was in Scouts when I was young (I'm an Eagle Scout) so I've enjoyed camping for a long time. Got back into Scouts when my son got old enough and now he's on his way to earning his Eagle as well.

Never liked sleeping on the ground for all the obvious reasons so when a friend showed me his Hennessy I had to have one. Been hanging ever since and find it hard to go back to the ground.

Enjoyed the forum so far. A lot of knowledge base here. Looking forward to being a part.
    Welcome in from the dark - permission to enter granted. Congrats on the boy. Sounds a lot like us, 2 eagles, and lots of camping trips. Hope you find many more days "off the ground".
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hey Indy576

Welcome!

My buddy and I were at Amicalola Falls this weekednd ( we pass through Amicalola Falls geting the Chattahoochie Natoinal Forrest to camp. Several scouts were checking in as we were leaving. We planned on staying Fri. and Sat. night but the weather was really pour and we could notfind any wood to make a fire. Plus the weather forcasted thunder storms tonight so we packed up early.

We camped "off the ground" for the first time last night and I think we are both as hooked as you can get with hanging.

See you around and stay off the ground.

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you.

I just received my MacCat in the mail a couple of days ago. It's awesome!!! I'd fight a bear to keep my MacCat.

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Equinox 10 X 12
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season UQ
    Hi Indy576! From another GA hanger. I noticed a lot of GA folks in here. Be nice to have a GA hang sometime.
    "Sometimes only nature felt real, while all human monuments and actions seemed to be the settings and the plots of dreams"

"So many people live in the past or the future and betray the present."

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Welcome to the forum and hanging gang... Left hand shake.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts