I made a hammock about 2 months ago and have been using it quite a bit. Almost every weekend, and sometimes every week. I made it out of nylon ripstop material. It worked very well for all this time, had a big net and all was swell. But just last night sleeping in it, I was a bit low to the ground, and up north one the Canadian shied I was close to the rocks. I guess at one point it hit the rock, or scratched and well it ripped. It was not a rip form head to toe, but a rip from one side of my waist to the other. Which sucks when at three in the morning you pack up everything and start canoing home early. I was wondering if when i tied the ends together there was too much pressure on certain spots then others. Im not to such why this happened. Was wondering if doubling the nylon over would make it stronger? If anyone has any suggestions that would be great full. I followed "Just Jeffs Hammock" and like I said was amazing first couple months but this was a downer. I love sleeping in hammocks!
Thanks,
andrew