Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    The difference in cord size doesn't make it warmer, it makes it less tense. With 1/8" you get overwhelming amount of tension on it. You currently have 14 strands per side. Imagine holding themmall in a bundle in your hand. How much force would it take to pull on that? It could probably hold your entire body weight. Your blanket only weighs a coupla pounds at the most. Smaller cord means gentler tension. It should feel like there is nothing but a cloud of warmth underneath you.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leiavoia View Post
    The difference in cord size doesn't make it warmer, it makes it less tense. With 1/8" you get overwhelming amount of tension on it. You currently have 14 strands per side. Imagine holding themmall in a bundle in your hand. How much force would it take to pull on that? It could probably hold your entire body weight. Your blanket only weighs a coupla pounds at the most. Smaller cord means gentler tension. It should feel like there is nothing but a cloud of warmth underneath you.
    Oh I understand that bit with the shock cords not offering more insulation, my concern for more Klews and thinner shock cord was directed more to the way it would hang as opposed to offer more insulation. My comforter is not thick, it basically has zero loft, so compression is not an issue. Also after mucking around with single cordage instead of a looped Klew, I would need to add more lines if I swapped out to 1/16th, and now that just adds to the complexity of our setups. Think our 1/8 single line Klews with 5 attachments is the perfect sweet spot for us. Again thanks to you all for the help, turned out great.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123