Greetings from the Netherlands

Hi everyone,

Longtime hiker, camper and eventually backpacker in the wild. For the past 10 years Iv been going to Scandinavia for that purpose, because there you can pitch your tent or hang a hammock pretty much wherever you want, if you can find a suitable spot.
    Of which there are many, but most of them just don't allow for the tent all that well, so last summer me and a friend of mine with whom I often hike started talking about hammocks and how many places we could have camped at without the need for that dry level field. We didn't really know if that was actually a thing so when we got home we started doing some research and boy was their a lot to learn. It didn't take long to find a lot of different vendors (almost all of them from the US), some youtubechannels and eventually this forum. I love forums, thanks for having me

Daan

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    Welcome to the forum, Daan.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Lollygagging View Post
    Hi everyone,

Longtime hiker, camper and eventually backpacker in the wild. For the past 10 years Iv been going to Scandinavia for that purpose, because there you can pitch your tent or hang a hammock pretty much wherever you want, if you can find a suitable spot.
    Of which there are many, but most of them just don't allow for the tent all that well, so last summer me and a friend of mine with whom I often hike started talking about hammocks and how many places we could have camped at without the need for that dry level field. We didn't really know if that was actually a thing so when we got home we started doing some research and boy was their a lot to learn. It didn't take long to find a lot of different vendors (almost all of them from the US), some youtubechannels and eventually this forum. I love forums, thanks for having me

Daan
    Welcome aboard... I've only been a convert since last fall. Loving the change !! There's something liberating about being closer to the great outdoors than a tent will provide. Say nothing of the increased comfort IMO.

Hammock
    DH Raven (5103)
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Welcome SC, USA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome from Nashville, Tennessee! A couple years back one of your countrymen came over right out of college and hiked some of the Appalachian Trail with me in Maine. He had a great time, as did we all.
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Yes the comfort is something Im looking forward to. I allways took the stiffness in the morning and the crawling around as a given, and while I thoroughly enjoyed all my tenttrips, I can't wait to get off the floor and, as shug puts it, "put my boots on".

Had two testhangs in preparation of my trip to Norway next week and those were mostly positive. Don't quite have the underquilt figured out yet and still experience some temperature shifts under my back. I think it's because I slept in porchmode and the wind just robbed my UQ of it's heat. Regardless, waking up to shirping birds with that immediate view of the surrounding forest as I peaked over the hammock's rim was just awesome, and very comfortable indeed. Falling asleep while lying on my back takes some getting used to though. I can sleep fine like bit allways fall asleep lying on my side.

Thanks for the welcome and who knows we may someday meet. You have many amazing trails over there and Im carefully making plans to visit at least some of em. Saw a video of someone hiking the Nahmakanta Reserve and fell in love immediatly.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Welcome from Northern Arkansas, USA! Good luck getting set up, go out and enjoy!

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Marietta GA. Happy hanging!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mac-Gear / HG / LL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hello from Alabama!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts