WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

claytor no net

I received my claytor no net in the mail the other day. (due to the holidays, it took 3 weeks to get here) The first thing I noticed was the small stuff sack size---its really small when stowed in the stuff sack! The hammock is made out of breathable nylon, but its not rip stop. ----Im not sure that makes a difference in a hammock , but it is different from other hammock s I have used. Also, the weight listed in the website is 1 lb, but actual weight with straps and stuff sack is 1 lb 7 oz. I bought the hammock to use with my peapod---since the weather has been cold in GA this year, i tried it out this weekend. At first the suspension system seemed kind of strange, but after trying it out a few times with the knots listed on the claytor website, i kind of liked it! i liked the way you could seperatly adjust height and tension. (you can adjust the height with out changing the settings on the knots) Its simple, and functional. The hammock worked great with the peapod, i noticed there was a lot more room inside, verses using the peapod with a speer. I have been a speer hammock fan for a long time, and have made 2 of them. However, due to my body shape and size, my back would hurt in the morning. I was pleasntly suprised with the comfort of the claytor no net---i was in my hammock almost 12 hours and felt great! Apparently the claytor works better for me than the speer. (every one is different, this just happens to work for me) I especially liked the way you could lay on the center ridge of the claytor. On the flip side, the hammock is narrow, and its tought for me to lay on my side, especially in the peapod. (part of me tends to hang over the edge of the hammock) I had my 13 year old son (who is almost as tall as I am but much skinnier) try the claytor, he prefers the speer, because of the higher sides, (seth is a bit of a wild sleeper!) Im toying with the idea of modding my claytor with a bug net so I can use it in the summer too---yeah, i really liked it! My next experiment will be to try it with a sleeping mat in the double bottom. i suspect the inside will be even more comfortable! Next step, i need to mod the straps a little to prevent wicking.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Arrowhead 11 ft
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Arrowhead,Peapod,
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I just ordered a no net to try with my peapod, hope I like it as much as you do. I am 6'4", 225 lbs. are you a similar size?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
    I just ordered a no net to try with my peapod, hope I like it as much as you do. I am 6'4", 225 lbs. are you a similar size?
    I am "only" 210 and 6'1". I have not really had any issues with it being big enough for me, especially when using with the Pea Pod. That is my fav hammock to use with the pod, one of my fav hammocks period.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Im 6' 5" 210 lbs---------I really like the way the claytor feels---hope it works for you too! If not, youre only out 40 bucks!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Claytor no net, hammock sock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    The Claytor no net is a hard core and durable hammock.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    ...... The hammock is made out of breathable nylon, but its not rip stop. ----Im not sure that makes a difference in a hammock , but it is different from other hammock s I have used.
    It is quite different, and I also wonder what the dif is exactly. But I like it.

Also, the weight listed in the website is 1 lb, but actual weight with straps and stuff sack is 1 lb 7 oz.
    Right, I think mine weighed 22 oz with stock suspension, which was disappointing, but not surprising. Considering it is dbl layer.

I bought the hammock to use with my peapod---since the weather has been cold in GA this year, i tried it out this weekend. At first the suspension system seemed kind of strange, but after trying it out a few times with the knots listed on the claytor website, i kind of liked it! i liked the way you could seperatly adjust height and tension. (you can adjust the height with out changing the settings on the knots) Its simple, and functional.
    I agree, it's not bad. I could get by with it as is.

The hammock worked great with the peapod, i noticed there was a lot more room inside, verses using the peapod with a speer. I have been a speer hammock fan for a long time, and have made 2 of them. However, due to my body shape and size, my back would hurt in the morning. I was pleasntly suprised with the comfort of the claytor no net---i was in my hammock almost 12 hours and felt great!

On the last WY trip, my son and I used Claytor NNs. He used my WB Climashield Yeti-like UQ, I used my Pea Pod. The 3rd guy on the trip also used a Pea Pod on a Claytor, but he got a dif Claytor with net(Expedition). The Expedition user did not like hammock camping or the Pea Pod( turns out he was quite Claustrophobic as well as a dedicated stomach/side sleeper). Still, we all spent as much as 12 hours a day in those hammocks.

On the flip side, the hammock is narrow, and its tought for me to lay on my side, especially in the peapod. (part of me tends to hang over the edge of the hammock) I had my 13 year old son (who is almost as tall as I am but much skinnier) try the claytor, he prefers the speer, because of the higher sides, (seth is a bit of a wild sleeper!) Im toying with the idea of modding my claytor with a bug net so I can use it in the summer too---yeah, i really liked it!
    I'm glad this has worked pretty good for you,despite your height. Considering I think I was the one who recommended the CNN/pod combo to you!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Yeah, I took youre advice on the claytor nn and peapod combo------thanks! Ill problably try it out in the back yard again this weekend. Im aiming at a mid february overnight trip on the pinhoti trail as my first field test--------cant wait!

--unknown

• + New Posts