So I'm trying to get everything lined up for some cold weather hanging. Both the little lady and I have our underquilts and top quilts all ready to go, but we are thinking a couple of Thinlight pads would be nice for emergency insulation backup.

The general idea is that we would carry quilts that we THINK are warm enough, but have the thinlights for just-in-case bottom insulation, and of course the extra layers and so on that we're wearing to supplement the top. The pads would serve double duty as supports for frameless packs, rather than carrying a framed pack which is dead weight with no other uses.

So how much extra warmth do yall think a thinlight would realistically gain us? Say our quilts are good to 0 degrees, would a 1/8" thinlight gain take us to -10, or -20, or whatever? Anyone done any real testing of these combos?

I've got the 1/8" thinlights, and plan to do some testing myself, but I'm pretty busy for the forseeable future, so any thoughts ya'll can provide would be greatly appreciated.