Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    with Doors

Lawson Blue Ridge Hammock - My review

LBRH was my first hammock and I love it. and yes, I still use it today.

It is an excellent hammock for the below reasons.

- It is a bridge hammock so it could offer the "flatter" lay
    - it has a integrated bug net
    - It can be set up as a bivey on the ground if cannot be hung (no trees, or etc)
    - It is a complete system, hammock, bug net, and rain fly.

I have used it many time and I love it for what it is. I did not have the problem of being capsized but it was harder to get inside because the zipper entry with on the bug net was just tiny bit smaller than I would like it to be. but for what it is, it serves the purpose and it is a great hammock.

What I didn't like,
    - It is not light. It is still backpack-able but at almost 6 lbs with straps and carabiners.
    - It is not small when packed. It is tall. It takes up entire length of my 60L backpack. I can strap it outside but I like to have everything inside my backpack.
    - I am not entirely convinced that it is "flatter" lay since the middle still sags like the regular hammocks.

For being close to 6 lbs and takes a lot of room inside my backpack, i wish I just have bought regular hammock. I do not know if the LBRH will be a lot lighter if two metal spread bars are removed.

I have never used the rain fly because I do not like it all wrapped up. I rather use the rain tarp.

I have used it as a bivey. It's a nice option to have when you cannot hang because of no trees. but it is Not a must-have option.

At this point, I am not sure if I want to sell it or keep it near future. This is the only hammock I have so I am just sticking with it. I will probably end up getting the regular banana hammock for lighter weight and smaller pack.

I love the Lawson too. Never slept so well. I borrowed one from a friend and now have one on it's way. I sleep in a hammock every night at home because of a back injury. I've tried so many types. The Lawson works perfectly for me. It is not a bridge hammock as people say. It is actually a gathered end hammock which you can adjust to sag in all the right places. It's not tippy if you hang it correctly and the fact that I can turn over from side to side at night without waking up and pulling myself into another angle is so wonderful. I wish I had found this hammock long long ago. I've wasted so much money on hammocks! Well, it's all in learning. But after sleeping one night in it, I'm in love and can't wait to get it home and set it up in my bedroom. Since I don't camp in it, weight obviously doesn't matter. But if I did camp in it, I would easily give up other items in my pack if I found the weight was more than I could handle. Sleep is more important than anything to me. And the Lawson makes that difference in my world.
    JUSTBEHERE
    JUSTBEHERE
    JUSTBEHERE

Hammock
    Lawson BRCH
    Insulation
    homemade u quilt
    Suspension
    Webbing straps
    I like my Lawson hammock.. I use it mostly on canoe trips. May be a little heavy for backpacking but doable. Love the integrated bug net, it is totally bug proof. I rigged up a homemade under quilt and have slept warm in 40 degree temps. I don't particularly care for the rain fly although it is waterproof and I have slept dry in some good rain storms, it seems a bit confining. I may start to use some sort of tarp that I can rig up higher, although that adds more set up time and I do like the fact that is an all in one system.

Hammock
    Vivere Hammock
    This beautifully crafted piece of art could be used as a tent because of its distinct arch pole cum spreader bar system that could be mounted between two parallel post.
    My life hang my hammock

• + New Posts