Custom Dutch 8'x4'
    Tarp
    MYOG Cuben Asym
    Insulation
    WM Everlite pod
    Suspension
    Simply 7/64

Nevada Hobo Hanger

Hello forum, my name is Stefan. I'm new to this forum. I am from Nevada but i stay as transient as possible. I have used a hammock exclusively for 6 years or so. I used the ENO ProNest the whole time until two months ago, probably slept in it about 300 times and its still flawless. Just upgraded and stuck with ENO.
    My hang has gotten pretty refined for my needs over the years. It is well under two pounds for my entire shelter kit including hammock, suspension, sleeping bag, tarp and pillow. Good to just under 30 degrees with some clothing.
    I have always slept straight end to end, not diagonally, so a small hammock and snug sleeping bag threaded over it is the most comfortable for me. Getting in and situated in the sleeping bag is faster and easier than putting pants on. I cinch the end of the sleeping bag and tie it off to stop draft by my feet. If its warmer i can open the end and unzip a bit. I generally set up where there arent many bugs, but worst case scenario i put my shirt around my face and that has worked even in Alaska and Hawaii.
    In the pictures i used my slap straps cuz im lazy. Its usually just a simple amsteel rope and some clever rigging to be nice to the trees. Im guessing that at least a few people are furious about the idea of me not using any straps. But seriously, being kind to trees is of utmost importance to me and there are several solutions to the issue that don't involve extra pieces of single-use kit. Feel free to inquire.
    I almost never use the tarp, and i hate cuben haha. But it certainly gets the job done and doesn't hog pack space.
    THE KIT

WM Everlite 14.5oz
    Eno sub7 w 7/64 loops, 15ft lines and whoopie hooks 7.2oz
    Myog cuben asym tarp and zing it lines 4.9oz
    Exped Air Pillow M 2.8oz

TOTAL 29.4oz

DSC00234-s.jpgDSC00240-s.jpgDSC00242-s.jpg

With my Cerium LT vest, wool beanie, WM Flash booties and 150 merino base layer im plenty comfy at 30 degrees.

Loving the forum so far. Good people, good info and great inspiration.

All Smiles

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    So is that your sleeping bag around the hammock?

Hammock
    Custom Dutch 8'x4'
    Tarp
    MYOG Cuben Asym
    Insulation
    WM Everlite pod
    Suspension
    Simply 7/64
    Yup, it just slips right up over the whole hammock and cinches snug under my chin. No compressed down. 360 degrees of lofty goodness.

• + New Posts