Dutch Argon, wbbb, hammeck netty
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    whoopee slings

Utica NY hammock spots

Hi, my daughter is running in her first professional race at the Utica boilermaker in Utica NY. I have run in the event many times but it is a small town with limited hotels. The hotels are now about 300 per night so I am looking for a camping spot, where hopefully I can hang my hammock. It is on July 9 so I am looking for a weekend spot July 8th and 9tj.. Any help would be helpful. When we used to run there we made our reservations almost a year a head of time. But I figured camping would be a much cheaper way to go. Thanks Phil

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, ENO SN/DN
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Drive 1 hour east and you are in the Adirondacks!

Hammock
    1.2 MTN
    Tarp
    12' DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Kevlar strap
    Any state forest land is open for primative camping as long as you maintain the 150' buffer from road, trial or water.

Insulation
    Diy oq, uq, apex
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    North of Utica is adk. On 12n 28n. Approx 20minutes North out of Utica maybe 30 at most there will be a sign on your right called McKeever rd. Take that right follow it (not far) past an old adk railroad station on right keep going over tracks and in abut more and you will see a sign in box to state land there will be a y in rd. Stay rt. Drive down a lil ways and you will see a small parking area on left maybe marked with a handicap gate. Sign. Park there follow that trail down short ways maybe .25 -.5 miles easy walking to moose river there are a couple of sites in there right on river .the sites are at what's called remsen falls. (It's not in remsen and really not a falls either ) but it's quick and super easy to get to. If you cross a large concrete bridge on highway over a large river (moose river ) you went just a. Pulls hundred yards to far mckeever rd is just before that. In same area as sign in box you will see a painted map you will see bear lake that's not far either but maybe 1.5 or so miles but more up and down still easy. That is nice spot. When you come down to the lake head around to left disregard signs for lean to. Stay on trail heading around lake look down to right by water and you will see a nice site on water. I've hung there many times. Loons are always active on that lake ,along with beavers ,and owls. Annnd if you wanted you could just drive past sign in box stay right down stone rd all the way to end 6-8 miles. That's big woodhull lake walk trail around to rt maybe .25 miles and there is a big lean to right on water and trees to hang.side note when on highway heading north head towards old forge (you won't go that far) NOT booneville. It will be a sweeping rt corner. Shortly after a convenient store on right if I remember correctly.just a few ideas to mull over.

• + New Posts