Clark NA
    Tarp
    Stock Rain Fly
    Insulation
    Thermarest Trail
    Suspension
    Clark Drip Ring

Finally Got my NA

Well, after much debate at which hammock to get, I went with the Clark NA. It's been pretty frigid here in Arkansas lately but I decided now was as good time as any to try it out to see how "4 seasons" it really was. After taking an hour to get it set up the first time (I didn't modify the suspension system at all) I finally got it up. It was 30 degrees outside and there was still some existing snow on the ground. I went to Academy and bought a thermarest mat and I used my 20 degree sleeping bag. To test it out the proper way I decided to go all out and slept in boxer shorts only. I managed to stay warm all night except for a couple of bouts of my arms coming out of the sleeping bag and sitting on the side of the hammock. The weathershield worked great and I managed to stay warm all night.

Since then, I rigged the drips rings with carabiners to the stock rope. I tried to set up again after I did that with the clark tree straps. I was set up and laying down in 5 minutes. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. I'm 6'3 and about 260 and I didn't feel like the hammock was too small. It was snug but I didn't have a problem with it at all, I might prefer the NX250 but honestly this was plenty hammock for me and now I have it figured out I can't wait to take it hiking/camping. It was the best night sleep I've had in a long time.

I wanted to thank all of you for ideas I read here on the forums that got me plenty prepared before it even arrived in the mail.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Congrats on a new toy and a successful night!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Shifty:
    Glad to hear you like the Clark NA and had a good first night out.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Well, after much debate at which hammock to get, I went with the Clark NA. It's been pretty frigid here in Arkansas lately but I decided now was as good time as any to try it out to see how "4 seasons" it really was. After taking an hour to get it set up the first time (I didn't modify the suspension system at all) I finally got it up. It was 30 degrees outside and there was still some existing snow on the ground. I went to Academy and bought a thermarest mat and I used my 20 degree sleeping bag. To test it out the proper way I decided to go all out and slept in boxer shorts only. I managed to stay warm all night except for a couple of bouts of my arms coming out of the sleeping bag and sitting on the side of the hammock. The weathershield worked great and I managed to stay warm all night.

Since then, I rigged the drips rings with carabiners to the stock rope. I tried to set up again after I did that with the clark tree straps. I was set up and laying down in 5 minutes. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. I'm 6'3 and about 260 and I didn't feel like the hammock was too small. It was snug but I didn't have a problem with it at all, I might prefer the NX250 but honestly this was plenty hammock for me and now I have it figured out I can't wait to take it hiking/camping. It was the best night sleep I've had in a long time.

I wanted to thank all of you for ideas I read here on the forums that got me plenty prepared before it even arrived in the mail.
    Frigid???? You wanna see frigid? BTW...the wind was howling.

Miguel
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts