Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

Move over TQs of the world, a Mamba is in the house!

I've been backpacking/hiking/paddling for over 36 years now, covered a lot of ground and a lot of water and have a huge gear pile to prove it. I evolved into a hanger around 7 years ago and over those short years have watched the art of hammocking proceed in all aspects. Be it tarps, suspensions, and hammocks themselves, UQs or TQs the improvements have been incredible.
    For years the cat's meow in Topquilts have been the Arc series by Nunatak. Their quilts are beautiful works and did quite well for the hanger but now their products can move to second place. The reason is because the Warbonnet Mamba is hammock specific; yes you can use it if you are force to ground yourself but the genius of design we've seen in other Warbonnet products is now found in a hammock specific topquilt.
    Shug let the cat out of the bag so-to-speak in one of his vid's but I've been using a Mamba now for almost a month. Everything I loved in a Nunatak Arc Alpinist is there but without the excess. For me the Arc series always had too much material with which to tuck. The Mamba is def. tuckable but without the largess I found in the Arc. The Mamba is designed around the fact that a Yeti or other UQ will be in place and will work together with it. The footbox is larger and with a better shape to accomodate feet wearing booties or down socks. The length of the footbox is perfectly long to match up with a 2/3s UQ and also to hold in a CCF pad versus putting your feet in the UQ and then positioning on top of the CCF pad. The neck drawcord and snap also excellent in their mechanism to hold in heat.
    As with many products on the market these days aimed toward us and often by 'us' you can expect superior craftmanship and just like all the Warbonnet line, you will be perfectly satisfied with the execution.
    I chose the winter Mamba, the temps I've tested it in (20-24F) have not done it justice!
    So congratulations to WarbonnetDude for now being able to offer a complete system for hammock hangers!
    Something else that is most important. Spec wise I'd put the winter Mamba against the Nunatak Arc Expedition any day BUT the Mamba is hundreds cheaper.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    PICS??????

BF

Hammock
    S
    Tarp
    S
    Insulation
    Not Enough
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    He has pics on his new website www.warbonnetoutdoors.com

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Look at Shug's avatar I think (but not certain) he is modeling a Mamba upside down!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Nice write-up MedicineMan! I've had mine for a little while too and I'm lovin it! I have the 3-season version and I've been able to go pretty low with it; I can't imagine what the bottom temps will be for the Winter model.

I didn't think I would like it and actually spent a little time trying to talk him out of it, but I really like the sewn footbox. I had no idea that my feet were cramped in my other quilts until my first night in my Mamba and her round bottom. Didn't even think about booties fitting in there, but I'll bet you're right about that.

Most excellent topquilt. Thank you Warbonnet!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Look at Shug's avatar I think (but not certain) he is modeling a Mamba upside down!
    He is, WBGuy comments on it in another thread thats the only reason I know. Shug is wearing the footbox over his head and the TQ like a cape...hope shug dosent fly away with all that loft
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Images
    actually the one shug has is from about a year ago. it's a rectangular style (cinched end).

if anybody is interested i have prototypes (at a discount) of the winter reg, 3season reg, and 3 season long. basically the same fill and rating as the production model but i was messing around with how to do the gusset (little triangular piece). that's the only difference.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    actually the one shug has is from about a year ago. it's a rectangular style (cinched end).

if anybody is interested i have prototypes (at a discount) of the winter reg, 3season reg, and 3 season long. basically the same fill and rating as the production model but i was messing around with how to do the gusset (little triangular piece). that's the only difference.
    OOPPSS sry to misinform, I must of misunderstood...WBGuy your TQ looks excellent btw...Medicineman great write up, make sure you let us know how low you can get down to.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    great write up Med Man. I'm lookin at the Mamba myself and it helps allot to get reviews like yours. Thanks,, and to the rest of the folks here , even tho Shug is wearin his upside down we shouldn't tell him. He thinks its aTQ with a built in hood. "Yo, Shug in the hood". (-;
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I never knew it was called a Mamba .... makes me like it even mo'.....
    Really warm ... have had it to 0º. Want to go lower. I sleep in it like my avatar ...... just kidding to you literal types!
    Shug of the Snug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast