Onewind 11ft zippered
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Solace

Last week I lost the most influential person to grace my life, he left behind my angel of a mother who is in the late stages of dementia so I have stepped in to care for her while we can sort out 24 hr care. I'm not posting this for sympathy,after all she taught me how to use a spoon the least bit can do is be there for her when she needs me, but for context. I know that many superlatives are banded around with regards to these hanging bit of fabric but today I managed to get a couple of hours in the woods to air out some kit after a downpour. I put some of his favourite music in my ears, placed my pooches on sentry while I took a nap. It has done more to clear my head than any other time throughout the worst week of my life. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    Last edited by Nobby8126; 06-07-2017 at 09:48.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby8126 View Post
    Last week I lost the most influential person to grace my life, he left behind my angel of a mother who is in the late stages of dementia so I have stepped in to care for her while we can sort out 24 hr care. I'm not posting this for sympathy,after all she taught me how to use a spoon the least bit can do is be there for her when she needs me, but for context. I know that many superlatives are banded around with regards to these hanging bit of fabric but today I managed to get a couple of hours in the woods to air out some kit after a downpour. I put some of his favourite music in my ears, placed my pooches on sentry while I took a nap. It has done more to clear my head than any other time throughout the worst week of my life. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    Nobby,

Sorry for your loss. You are doing the right thing by stepping up and helping your Mom. I have been through the loss of both my Father and my Mother and even though it doesn't seem like it now, things will get sorted out and in the end, you'll be left with wonderful memories. Take solace in that and enjoy any time you can get in the woods.

All the best !
    Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    I am sorry.

That said - Hanging with the dogs and tunes sounds wonderful! Great looking spot.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I am experiencing the same with my mother. At some level, I understand. It is hard.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Diy HyperD grey ghost
    Tarp
    Wb Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Diy
    Suspension
    whoopies straps ms
    Images
    My condolences. Glad that you were able to find some time to get away and recharge your mental batteries. If everyone could do that once in a while the world would be a better place.
    " No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Hammock
    Onewind 11ft zippered
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks guys

• + New Posts