Thanks, BL.B. So it's TWO layers on the KAQ?! I GUESS that is the case with this quilt. As the loft of one layer appears to be somewhat north of 1" for sure, but maybe not quite 1.5", it's just hard to tell. Like you said, it's more if you are holding it up rather than letting it compress itself on the floor.

While we are guessing, let may ask you guys what you think about this: I have a Polarguard Delta North face cats meow sleeping bag that weighs a little over 3 pounds and is rated at 15°. It has a endurance shell, otherwise the rating I think it normally is 20°. For me personally, it has never quite been warm at those ratings. If I get down much below the upper 20s in this bag, it's usually a struggle for me to be warm. So I consider it about a 25° bag max. Anyway, if I take the new cocoon quilt and place the cocoon jacket and pants inside (with the back of the quilt open as wide as it will go) and lay them beside the cats meow bag, they appeared to be about the same overall thickness. And I am being careful to make sure the sleeves of the parka are not laying on top of the parka chest area, providing a double layer of loft.

In other words, the cocoon quilt plus pants plus parka is about the same thickness as the sleeping bag. Although, the total weight of the cocoon components is about one quarter pound to one half pound lighter than the bag. I'm wondering if most of that additional weight is the much stouter shell material plus zippers and such, of the sleeping bag. If so, that would mean that the amount of Polarguard is probably about the same.

So, do you think it would be a reasonable conclusion that the warmth of these two systems would be about the same, considering they're using the same insulation and are about the same thickness? Although I definitely think the bag would be warmer if exposed to wind, since it has an endurance shell all the way around the entire bag, compared to the cocoon system which only has the Endurance Shell on the parka.