Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images

3 Season Yeti Wow

got in my 1.1 single and ordered a 3 season yeti for the upcomming spring. Set up the hammock and the yeti in 41 degree weather today. Holy Christmas the yeti is amazing. Laid in the yeti for probably 15 seconds and the heat was awesome!

Yea I'm basically this far I<--->I from ordering the winter deluxe and selling my JRB Mt Wash 4 UQ.

Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    Raul;

Do you have the liner for your yeti?
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

"There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE

My Backpacking Site

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    No but it came with snaps I guess it is pre Brandon's new website models. I dont think I would need the liner for the 3 season yeti but at least I have the option to get it.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Hey, before you sell the MW4 (please dont do that, with it and your yeti, assuming you have another hammock, you can set up a friend or another hiker) set up the MW4 under the hammock, the put the yeti under it! might have to de-tension the yeti lines a bit, but it should snug up under perfectly and then who knows, good to -15 then? Where is Master Shurg when you need a gestimation of super cold.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Good point but the lowest it has gotten here the past couple of years is -2 maybe and that is severe for my neck of the woods in NY. Normal temp has been between 10-20* lows during the winter. I dont think I'll need MN insulation around here.

Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    The reflective liner will get you down another 8 degrees, maybe 10. Nice option.
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

"There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE

My Backpacking Site

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Just got back from the Mt Rogers hang and my setup consisted of a WBBB Double 1.7, 3-Season Yetti w/ reflective liner, Superfly, fleece bag liner, and a 20* degree down bag. Low temps were around 8* and we had about 12"-18" of snow (I didn't measure, going off of reports from others...) and about 15-20 mph winds on Sat night.

Here's what I learned . . .the 3-Season Yetti with reflective liner served me well. The first night got down to 14* and I slept very warm. Had to vent a bit around 12:30 am. No cold spots in the torso area at all. Before getting in the hammock on the second night, I re-adjusted everything and noticed some ice build-up on the reflective liner. I believe this was from condensation from the previous night and now was frozen to the liner. I simply knocked it off and onto the ground. The bottom layer of the BB had some ice on it as well but after laying in it for an hour or so, it warmed right up and I slept warm through the night. This particular night it dropped to 8*.

I think that I am in the "hot sleeper" category and that surely helps some but I am totally sold on the 3-season Yetti. For me, I have enough gear to haul around in the winter and the Yetti helps to lighten an already heavier load.

Thanks Brandon . . . Job Well Done on the 3-Season Yetti !
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Images
    Muskrat:
    3 season Yeti/reflective liner report: Very impressive indeed!

Were you laying on top pf the fleece liner? If so, that may have helped you a bit. Or was it just on top of you?

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    I was inside the fleece bag with the down bag serving as a TQ. However I could never get inside the fleece bag completely, probably to midback. You are correct though, that probably helped some.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    I was inside the fleece bag with the down bag serving as a TQ. However I could never get inside the fleece bag completely, probably to midback. You are correct though, that probably helped some.
    Regardless, impressive results without having to resort to adding a pad!

• + New Posts