Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    ONE-CLICK markr6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    <>
    Hammock
    WB Traveler, BB or Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    BMJ &amp; SF
    Insulation
    All Hammockgear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Posts
    7,592
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I'm confused. How did the stand fall by hanging a tarp from it? It seems to me that a staked down tarp would only assist in holding the stand in place. I've hung my tarp many times from my stand and never had anything like this happen.
    I pulled the lines on the same side tight instead of alternating. And being so used to getting them nice and tight in the field, I just cranked away and pulled the thing over.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I'm confused. How did the stand fall by hanging a tarp from it? It seems to me that a staked down tarp would only assist in holding the stand in place. I've hung my tarp many times from my stand and never had anything like this happen.
    I setup my hammock and strung up my tarp in its snakeskin. When I went to attach the first guyline to a stake I put some tension on the line and whole stand fell over on top of me. I'd never setup a tarp on a stand before and didn't think about the fact that the tarp ridgeline is attached to the stand and not a pair of trees. Trees don't move, stands do! If I had attached the guylines loosely I might have been fine. I'm going to stake the stand every time from now on just to be safe.

  3. #33
    TrailSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Posts
    4,687
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbpdx View Post
    I setup my hammock and strung up my tarp in its snakeskin. When I went to attach the first guyline to a stake I put some tension on the line and whole stand fell over on top of me. I'd never setup a tarp on a stand before and didn't think about the fact that the tarp ridgeline is attached to the stand and not a pair of trees. Trees don't move, stands do! If I had attached the guylines loosely I might have been fine. I'm going to stake the stand every time from now on just to be safe.
    Was the top rail in place when this happened?

  4. #34
    ONE-CLICK markr6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    <>
    Hammock
    WB Traveler, BB or Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    BMJ &amp; SF
    Insulation
    All Hammockgear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Posts
    7,592
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Was the top rail in place when this happened?
    It was for me. And I did the exact same thing! Snakeskin up, pull, POW! Next time I'll need to remember to lightly stake out a corner, then do the other side, then tighten up carefully.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Was the top rail in place when this happened?

    Of course - you can't setup the hammock without the top rail. ;-)

    Maybe you're a lot more coordinated than I am :-p

  6. #36
    TrailSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Posts
    4,687
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbpdx View Post
    Of course - you can't setup the hammock without the top rail. ;-)

    Maybe you're a lot more coordinated than I am :-p
    I'll bet you have the complete tato kit that came with the legs? If so this setup is much lighter than mine with the conduit legs and this could be the difference.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I'll bet you have the complete tato kit that came with the legs? If so this setup is much lighter than mine with the conduit legs and this could be the difference.
    Yes, the complete stand, not the kit which they used to offer. It is pretty light considering. Definitely lighter than conduit. That's probably the reason for the differences in experiences. I only have 2 nights in it so far, but I love the thing. I'll get another 2.5 weeks of use this summer so it's been worth every penny to me.

  8. #38
    ONE-CLICK markr6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    <>
    Hammock
    WB Traveler, BB or Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    BMJ &amp; SF
    Insulation
    All Hammockgear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Posts
    7,592
    Images
    21
    Mine is conduit from Home Depot and I guess it could be called rather heavy. I figured it was light for what it was, though.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Long beach
    Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Posts
    220
    I also am in the stand fall over club
    Lesson learned

    Lesson 1 use the tie ous


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. TATO Gear Hammock Stand
    By macfly in forum Archived WTB
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2016, 12:30
  2. TATO Gear Hammock Stand
    By TATO in forum Other Vendors and Services
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 18:50
  3. TATO GEAR HAMMOCK STAND
    By LuvmyBonnet in forum Reviews
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2015, 13:28
  4. SOLD: Tato Gear Hammock Stand (complete or kit)
    By Uphill in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2015, 19:46
  5. TATO Gear Hammock Stand Kit
    By TATO in forum Other Vendors and Services
    Replies: 270
    Last Post: 05-28-2015, 15:03

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •