Dutchware 11' netless hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Superfly or Edge
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies

What do you do with your wet raingear?

I usually carry a gear hammock / hammock chair with me, and I've always put it in there. Now that I've got the new Chameleon, I'm thinking two peak shelves would suffice for all my stuff, but don't think I want my boots and wet raingear in the hammock with me.

One of my many idiosyncrasies is that I don't really like storing stuff on the ground.

I've got a few harebrained ideas, but am curious what elegant solutions are out there in the community before I go down that path.

(Dutch, are you thinking what I'm thinking, about an add-on bag for the Chameleon with waterproof fabric on the hammock-facing side, and mesh on the other? If your elves do it professionally, it'll be a lot prettier than if I try to DIY it. :-) )

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I leave it on the ground but I have simply hung my wet shoes and clothing from the hammock suspension as well.

Interesting question, this kept me thinking, the possibility to hang stuff inside a tent https://goo.gl/5aTs9E wouldn't that be a good feature, thinking about someone starting a business... ?

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    No elegant solution here I'm afraid. I just throw it in a pile on the ground.
    "Behold, as a wild a** of the desert, go I forth to my work." -- Guerney Halleck

Hammock
    Custom Trail Lair; Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Incubator/Bandit 0
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I bring a 5x7 Wal-Mart Ozark Trails tarp with for my ground cloth and wrap it around my pack at night. I always get out on the left side so I wrap my pack on the right side and then my shoes on the left side next to where i put my feet down to get out of my hammock. My feet stay dry and shoes are ready to slip on for middle of the night tree visits, and my gear is protected from any wind blown rain. It adds a little weight (less than a pound and packs down to size of a softball) but well worth having a ground cloth.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I always keep a micro-biner clipped to the locker loop inside of my current rain jacket, allowing me to hang it on the CL at one gathered end of my hammock when I come in out of the rain; I clip it on, knot the arms together in front, and fold the hood forward to one side to keep the inside dry and protected from run-off and blowing rain. (I just ordered an OR Helium II ultralight rain jacket, so when it gets here I'll assess whether the new fabric is too flimsy to keep the metal biner attached indefinitely...)
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

• + New Posts