Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Lost River
    Suspension
    Dyneema/BB
    You don't need any convincing. You have already made up your mind. lol.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    And even if you do end up deciding on a Chameleon and want to sell stuff to finance this new purchase. Do not sell the wookie! It works perfectly with other hammocks than the Blackbird it's designed for and it's IMO the best UQ out there.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    You want a Chameleon to be cool, hep, and with it. Just give Dutch your money.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    If you've got all that Warbonnet stuff and either already have or don't want a winter top cover, you definitely do not "need" a Chameleon. You've already made a sizeable investment in that vendor's system. Just stick with what you've got. The only thing you can't do that you can in a Chameleon is enter/exit from your "shelf side" and position the zippers where you prefer. (Also, your lay direction is fixed if you ever want to switch or loan/give/sell the hammock to someone who sleeps the other way.) But if you're happy with what you have, skip the Chameleon and help keep the wait times down.

However, if you decide you want a second hammock that does what your XLC does with even more universality, you might consider giving the Chameleon a second look.

(For the record, I am a very satisfied Warbonnet Blackbird XLC owner, but with its minor limitations and narrow range of options, I doubt I'll ever pick up another one, whereas I already have more than one Chameleon in my family...)
    The other thing you can't do, that Dutch is reportedly working on now, is enclose a pair of side-by-side hung hammocks under a shared topcover/bug-net.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sneelock View Post
    I am happy with my setup and sleep comfortably. However, the Dutch Chameleon us intriguing to me. So.....convince me why I should sell all of my current Warbonnet stuff and buy a Chameleon setup.
    There's only one reason and that is for you to find out, based on positive reviews, if it is better than that which you have. Go for it. Now, for what you didn't ask, keep your Warbonnet stuff, buy the Chameleon setup and see which you prefer. Sell the one that least fits your needs.

Thanks everyone. I may order one and try it out. Like I said before, I am happy with my WB setup. My only minor hangup is that it is relatively heavy and I mostly use it for backpacking. Will the Wookie fit the Chameleon?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sneelock View Post
    Thanks everyone. I may order one and try it out. Like I said before, I am happy with my WB setup. My only minor hangup is that it is relatively heavy and I mostly use it for backpacking. Will the Wookie fit the Chameleon?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Yes. It requires a few minutes of adjusting, but after that it's plug and play.

On my half-wit (10.5 ft compared to the 11 ft chameleon) I attached a piece of zing-it loops with prussics on each of the continous loops on the ends of the hammock. That way I could just adjust those with the wookie attached, to the perfect fit. I just left them alone once I found the sweet spot and now it's 100% plug and play. You will need either a dutch hook or a small carabiner for the head end of your wookie. The foot end already comes with one as you know

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12