Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Senior Member SoaknWet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Westland,Pa.
    Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    486
    Not add confusion but I just slid mine over the CLs that I could flip the hammock over and use it without the bug net with no extra work.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    Not add confusion but I just slid mine over the CLs that I could flip the hammock over and use it without the bug net with no extra work.
    Cool. So you run the SRL outside the bugnet and use the supplied ridgeline and clips to keep the net out of the way?

    --Prof

  3. #13
    Senior Member SoaknWet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Westland,Pa.
    Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    486
    No. I slipped the loop on the RL over the CL on the end of the hammock than fished the other end down through the little grummet in the bug net, after removing Eno cord and clip. Once inside the net I put a small cord lock on the RL, this inside the net. At. The other end I put another cord lock before going up through that grummet, than put the loop of the RL over my CL reinstalled my Dutch biners, connected my Whoopi straps good to go.The advantage of this is when I don't need the net I can slip the RL loops off my CLs and turn the hammock over and use it without the bug net when not needed. The cord locks inside is so I can slide the net towards the ends and help keep it off me.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    No. I slipped the loop on the RL over the CL on the end of the hammock than fished the other end down through the little grummet in the bug net, after removing Eno cord and clip. Once inside the net I put a small cord lock on the RL, this inside the net. At. The other end I put another cord lock before going up through that grummet, than put the loop of the RL over my CL reinstalled my Dutch biners, connected my Whoopi straps good to go.The advantage of this is when I don't need the net I can slip the RL loops off my CLs and turn the hammock over and use it without the bug net when not needed. The cord locks inside is so I can slide the net towards the ends and help keep it off me.
    So you just disconnect the ridgeline altogether when you want to dispense with the bug net. Got it. Thanks.

    --Prof

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Wahiawa, Hawaii
    Hammock
    DH Sparrow, BBXLC, HH Expedition
    Tarp
    SLD WH / SMR Nube
    Insulation
    HG Inc/Burrow
    Suspension
    SMR EZslings
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rhino View Post
    I have a SRL on my junglenest, but maybe I have a different brand. I have an ENO junglenest. I just ran the SRL through the small hole on each end from the gathering and looped it around my continuous loop on each end. Is there another brand that also has a junglenest? I don't have any elastic on mine, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    I did the exact same thing with mine and it works great!
    Do you guys have pictures of this setup by chance? With the SRL, is there still a need to run the ridgeline for the net, or does the SRL keep it taught enough to be out of your face? Thanks!

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    61
    Full disclosure: After working for a while with the adjustable SRL inside the bug net, I went back to hanging the bugnet from a separate ridgeline. Either way works, but the hammock remains quite short (I'm 5'11" and 170#).

    --Prof

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Posts
    5
    Images
    2
    Does that not make the bugnet super loose? I have to have my ridgeline fairly high to keep the bugnet out of my face when I'm in my JungleNest.

    I just put an actual structural ridgeline on my DoubleNest and love it. I would like to put one on my junglenest, but don't want to deal with bugnet issues.

    Do you have any photos of yours set up with the SRL?

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedboredguy View Post
    Does that not make the bugnet super loose? I have to have my ridgeline fairly high to keep the bugnet out of my face when I'm in my JungleNest.

    I just put an actual structural ridgeline on my DoubleNest and love it. I would like to put one on my junglenest, but don't want to deal with bugnet issues.

    Do you have any photos of yours set up with the SRL?
    Does this help? (I know it's been a while. . . .)
    quilt set deployed.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. NEW ENO JUNGLENEST! any thoughts?
    By DRobertson in forum Eagles Nest Hammocks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 15:46
  2. QUICK AND EASY QUESTION: cinch buckle question
    By pinballwizard in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-14-2015, 07:11
  3. Whoopie Sling - First time user question - set up question
    By brianb in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2015, 15:03
  4. New ENO JungleNest
    By davekrehl in forum Eagles Nest Hammocks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 09:02

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •