Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Just received my KAQ New River with IX insert. Put it on my BB and asked my wife to lay in it so I could adjust it. Without having the TQ on, she said "Wow, it feels like you just turned on a heating blanket!"

Threw on the 3 season Black Mamba from Warbonnet I got the other day, she wouldn't get out of the hammock for awhile and let me try it!

Eventually, I got a chance to get in... Wow, how nice! felt toasty downstairs in our basement which is as cool as a wine cellar. Quality if phenomenal! Very well made!

One question though- What is the right/best way to connect the bungie suspension of the KAQ to the hammock?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    On a BB you can slip the UQ suspension over the whipping bundle, use the included mini carabiners to clip to the amsteel, buckles or suspension. Try it a couple places and see where is seems to fit best for you, what every is easiest to you is the spot to choose, they adjust pretty easy, and it should have plenty of shock cord, once you find where you like it if there is extra you can trim and burn the end if there is lots extra dangling.

Dang that got there fast Glad it is toasty warm.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    On a BB you can slip the UQ suspension over the whipping bundle, use the included mini carabiners to clip to the amsteel, buckles or suspension. Try it a couple places and see where is seems to fit best for you, what every is easiest to you is the spot to choose, they adjust pretty easy, and it should have plenty of shock cord, once you find where you like it if there is extra you can trim and burn the end if there is lots extra dangling.

Dang that got there fast Glad it is toasty warm.
    Hmm... good ideas. I have my lost river clipped to my 2" rings on my suspension (6" from the whipping bundle). I'll try it over the bundle, or on the ridgeline at the bundle and see if it's better... (definitely not bad now...)

The other thing I did was to wrap the shock cord suspension around the micro-biner once to reduce the quilt moving as I shifted... (I flop a lot when I sleep). To adjust the quilt: instead of pulling one side, you push the other...

On the IX question: I just got mine for Christmas... missed the IX upgrade (it's still plenty warm.) One might be able to add IX without too much sewing by opening up a corner, sliding the IX in and adding a few quilting loops to hold it in place... might be less work than re-sewing the whole thing, unless it drags too much on the climashield...

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    ...might be able to add IX without too much sewing by opening up a corner, sliding the IX in and adding a few quilting loops to hold it in place...
    Try it first by simply laying the IX inside the KAQ!

You may not want it there all the time...
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    Quote Originally Posted by KMACK View Post
    How much weight does it add?
    .42 oz/sq yard.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Try it first by simply laying the IX inside the KAQ!

You may not want it there all the time...
    Mac - What would be the downside such that you wouldn't want it there all the time?

This is a mod I've been contemplating myself.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    Mac - What would be the downside such that you wouldn't want it there all the time?
    One reason is that it might be too warm, when the original KAQ would be just right, such as during spring and fall.

The other reason is one you brought up recently... condensation. In certain conditions, such as a cool, foggy night, you might be warm enough without it, and would not risk the condensation.

I like the idea of a removable insert, which can be added to eliminate CBS, or to boost warmth during cold nights that exceed the KAQ temperature rating.

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123