Images

What the heck???

What the heck is a whoopie sling? I have searched the forum, but have not come up with a picture or definition. Can someone direct me to a thread (or just tell me) what a WhoopieSling is, please???
    "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured"

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Check out opie - I think he even has videos about them.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronjreed View Post
    What the heck is a whoopie sling? I have searched the forum, but have not come up with a picture or definition. Can someone direct me to a thread (or just tell me) what a WhoopieSling is, please???
    A Whoopie Sling is a spliced line that allows for easy adjustment for length. The hold effect is similar to that of a Chinese finger trap. Check out the suspension series by Grizzly Adams.
    "Well, you might be lazy, but if we were not all about comfort here this would be a tent forum!" - - Roadtorque

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Whoopie slings are not all that uncommon generally. Google 'em and you'll find very expensive versions of them for arborists. Like here: http://wesspur.com/slings/adjustable-slings.html

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    What the heck is a whoopie sling?
    From the HF Glossary -

Whoopie sling - is a hardware-free hammock suspension method made by splicing the end of a single piece of cording back through the standing end, thus creating an adjustable loop. These are commonly DIY items made from 12-strand single-braid cording like Amsteel.

Also, here is the most popular WS thread.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    It's a sweet adjustable rope, thats what it is. Seriously I'm sure you've found it by now. Opie can square ya away!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Check out Grizz's primer

I was wondering this very thing not more than a few days ago....

http://whoopieslings.com helped me out.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Well... A whoopie sling is something arborists have been using as a strong, adjustable sling. It has many hats...

For hammocking... Its used as the suspension method between your hammock and your tree straps. The major draw, IMO, is the elimination of knots while maintaining an infinete adjustment range within the limits of the length of the sling. No rope degradation, or minimal at best, because you have eliminated the knots from the equation.

The sling is usually lighter than standard suspension systems. It floats (if you ever plan on hanging on water) and is very durable. No knots, no buckles to fuss with and if you really want to get light, go with the Marlin Spike Hitch.

I highly recommend Grizzs videos explaining, in detail, the differences between the types of suspension. He has done a far better job explaining it than I have.

• + New Posts